• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What do you want in patch 1.19?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hi everyone. What are your wishes for Wc3 TFT 1.19?
I don't care much about changes in melee maps I want improvment in World Editor.

WE improvments:
- Be able to change most object(units, items etc.) stats in triggers and spells.
- Add all the events in "Specific unit events" to "Generic unit events". Why shouldn't they be the same event?!
- An event that triggers when an integer variable is given a specific waule. And the variable does not have to be a user-created one.
- Access to the Z cordinate for lightning effects in triggers. Not only JASS.
- Be able to give a specific vaule for the size of a units' missiles and spell arts.
- Be able to choose the colors of spell arts.
- Be able to create new damage and armor types.
- Fix so you don't need to add ".mdl" to the path when you are using doodad models.
- Fix Incinerate. :x
- Fix Defend so you can have greater vaule in "Data - Chance to reflect" than 10! The initial vaule is 30! :x
- Make spell event detect auto-casting spell and passive chance-to-trigger spells.
- An event that detect all units affected by a spell. Like all targets in Chain Lightning.
- Be able to attach lightning points to a target. Please!
- Be able to add timer for effects and lightnings.
- Be able to show messages (not floating) ANYWHERE on the screen. Not just in a given rectangle.
damit! :evil:
- Be able to clear screen of chat messages.
- Be able to non-teleport move units at a given speedgreater than 522 to a point whith possibilty to choose if the unit should stop when the terrain blocks him or not.
- Change unit model by trigger please!
- Able to choose the actions to be disabled by Soul Burn and Banish.
- Be able to choose if a buff is negative or positive.

Other:
- New neutral hero. I forgot that.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Agreed with Seagull... well

-Much more freedom with spells (for example give a percentage chance to deal a percentage of the full damage to nearby units, or a percentage chance to deal a shockwave, and stuff like that).
-Fix bought Scroll of Town Portal (in arcane vault and that stuff), witch only teleports the hero, as far as i know.
-New neutral heroes (that's for sure)
-Fix some buggs with Black Arrow spells, they are bugged as far as I know.
-More hidden models for units, so that we can find them with WEU! XD
-Much more of those "already-made" maps by Blizzard, to explain triggers better, and so :) (this one is for sure too)

-Rui

Level 8
Well as for patch 1.19 i wish

Blizzard starts working seriously on warcraft,and stop making useless patches just for saying that they still work on wc.

And let us remember the changes of blizzard in warcraft.

Patch 1.15

-rifleman goes 504 hp from 505
-archers hp goes from 300 to 299 with a 0.1 hp healing per hour.
-Dh and Bm train time increased by 0.01 second for balance issues.

World Editor
-no changes.

Patch 1.16

-Rifleman goes back to 505 hp since that was unfair for human players as noticed on bnet.
-Banshee train time increased from 25 to 35
-Banshee range increased from 500 to 501.
-Footmen have a 0.1% more chance to reflect damage on source.
-Added a new hero.

World Editor

Patch 1.17
-Added new functions and natives
:: native GetDumbestPlayer takes nothing returns player
:: function KickPlayer takes player returns nothing {made because of the bugs found in the (DefeatPlayer)
-Added 2 new unit states
:: IsUnitAboutToDie
:: IsAbleToAttack
-Constant П (pi) changed from 3.14 to 3.14156

Patch 1.18
-Necromancers are able to attack flying units
-Mountain King's storm bolt damage reduced from 100/150/200 to 90/100/100
-Added a link into battle.net for world of warcraft [all come here]
-Added 2 new heros,the GoblinFireThrower and the Doomy Alchemist

World Editor

-Now you can change the weather in game
-Added 16 linghtning functions.
-Added 2 unit functions previously supported by JASS,to GUI so anyone can use them.

Actually yes this is what blizzard does,they are playing with us.
Nothing serious comes up.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Yes, in fact those patches are useless. I suggest fixing buggs, and other errors. For example, the scroll of town portal that the first trained hero gets works at 100%. But, if you buy a scroll of town portal in one of your shops, it only teleports the hero (and I've seen this about 3-4 times).

-Rui

Level 12
Rather than new tavern heroes I would preffer new creeps and new items, I wouldn't get annoyed if blizzard takes that chance to advertise wow.

New items, like 46, with new bonuses like ones that increase range and that stuff wouldn't hurt

For WE:
- GOdamnit! Ability to change tooltips of an item or ability on an unit.

- GetEventDamageType()

- EVENT_UNIT_HIT_BY_ATTACK or GetEventDamageCause() that would return DAMAGE_CAUSE_TRIGGER , DAMAGE_CAUSE_SPELL , DAMAGE_CAUSE_ATTACK

I won't ask more than that, really

Level 11
Well, I'd have my requests as well.

- Manipulation of Armor, Maximum Hit/Mana Points, speed, ranged/melee attack
- Add to Soul Burn the multiple selection stuff like in Silence, so you can disable not only spells, but attacks and skills as well, the way you like it.
- Have the "Event - Unit is Damaged" as a generic

I may have others which were already mentioned or which were not mentioned, but these would be the most important. :)

~Daelin

Level 12
EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_DAMAGED is a bad idea, first of all it is possible for anybody to make EVENT_UNIT_DAMAGED work on any unit anyways, second it would be inefficient, that's the reason they didn't add it at the start.

Yes it's those two heroes.... Ah and Blizzard could add more hidden icons and models so that we can discover them with WEU .

-Rui

You don't use WEU to discover that stuff, you use Mpq Editing.

Nantuko: The changes on patch 1.13 , 1.15 , 1.16 , 1.17 and 1.18 Were really good, imagine spell editing without buff editor, Trigger spells without damage (so everybody would be forced to use my caster system) , Imagine EVENT_UNIT_DAMAGED without GetEventDamageSource() , without the patches editing the game would suck

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Ok i'm sorry for the stupid comment Vexorian.
And for the patch 1.18, you are right aswell, the Buff Editor was 100% needed, and there were many buggs; such as...

-You couldn't make a unit ability into a hero ability
-Some levels of abilities weren't displayed
-Half of the triggers were leading into crash
-As far as I know tinker needed a fix or two, I don't know I just heard it.

So I think this patch really needed to be unleashed.

-Rui

Level 8
Vexorian said:
Nantuko: The changes on patch 1.13 , 1.15 , 1.16 , 1.17 and 1.18 Were really good, imagine spell editing without buff editor, Trigger spells without damage (so everybody would be forced to use my caster system) , Imagine EVENT_UNIT_DAMAGED without GetEventDamageSource() , without the patches editing the game would suck

oh vexorian,i was half kidding/and half seriously there,actually blizzard is not working on warcraft,this is a thing you cant refuse.
And yes all those from 1.07 to 1.18 wich means 10 patches :!: did something even if didived into 10 different places.
I wouldnt imagine the we without damage.
without the GetXXXXLocation,spelltarget,and other similiar stuff.

But please tell me are the patches really good? no,they arent,you may be satisfied because you got some useful functions,but those non editor guys... imagine them...

In every patch something is changed to th Undead Banshee,once is train time,other is attack range,sometimes walk speed,that's insane,you dont care about these,since i presume you are not the best fan of the wc3 melee game,but those guys...imagine,for them the 10 patches didnt do any exeptional change,(oh..they did in few situations)

Level 11
You may be right Vexorian but adding the EVENT_UNIT_PLAYER_DAMAGE function would help us spare some time. ;) I personally don't like to keep adding stuff in the head of the map (such as Kattana's functions... but unfortunately I am addicted to them)so making myself yet ANOTHER such function would be simply annoying. Making blizzard solve this problem for us would be great. :)

~Daelin

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Well I just hope Blizzard makes something about the buggs and such. And I would also like to have more animations for all models. For example, I see that they love changing the undead banshee, so it would be cool if they add a "channel" animation for the banshee, and apply it on Possession.

-Rui

Level 6
Nantuko_Husk said:
Vexorian said:
oh vexorian,i was half kidding/and half seriously there,actually blizzard is not working on warcraft,this is a thing you cant refuse.

Maybe that's because the game is already released?

I haven't ran into many limits in map making, you're just being greedy. Of course they can upgrade wc3, but unless it's exstremely critical (which i havent noticed), let them work on their other games they got higher priority on.

Level 8
TheWickerMan said:
Nantuko_Husk said:
Vexorian said:

I haven't ran into many limits in map making, you're just being greedy. Of course they can upgrade wc3, but unless it's exstremely critical (which i havent noticed), let them work on their other games they got higher priority on.

so what? because the game is released that doesnt mean they shouldn't work on it. Now they released WOW's patch 1.6 when about a month ago they released 1.5 or 1.2 i dont remember since i dont play wow.that means they are totally focused on wow

Level 6
Nantuko_Husk said:
TheWickerMan said:
Nantuko_Husk said:
Vexorian said:

so what? because the game is released that doesnt mean they shouldn't work on it. Now they released WOW's patch 1.6 when about a month ago they released 1.5 or 1.2 i dont remember since i dont play wow.that means they are totally focused on wow

Well they have the right to be. I dont like nor play WoW at all, but since WoW still is in a pretty early stage (compared to wc3) it's updates are more needed than wc3's. I'd also want more updates on WE, but i understand blizzard if they put more focus to WoW or Starcraft Ghost.

Level 12
You may be right Vexorian but adding the EVENT_UNIT_PLAYER_DAMAGE function would help us spare some time. icon_wink.gif I personally don't like to keep adding stuff in the head of the map (such as Kattana's functions... but unfortunately I am addicted to them)so making myself yet ANOTHER such function would be simply annoying. Making blizzard solve this problem for us would be great. icon_smile.gif

That's a very lame comment.

You can't call yourself a JASS user if you don't use functions.

Adding things to the custom script is lame, but you can always add the stuff to triggers and just make sure they are compiled first.

My custom script section is empty and I just have 11 triggers were I distribute my functions.

But please tell me are the patches really good? no,they arent,you may be satisfied because you got some useful functions,but those non editor guys... imagine them...
Non editor guys could die, I don't care about them, it is their fault anyways for not giving correct feedback on the bnet forums

Level 8
My custom script section is empty and I just have 11 triggers were I distribute my functions.

where could be the difference between an empty coustom script section and one full of code.

i have the map i am working on open now cause i want to add any skins to it,and i see my custom script section with 2148 lines of JASS,where they actually consume 76.4 KB (78,294 bytes)

Level 6
generic player event. thatd save so much time.

edit: make it able to change names, so people can stop asking if its possible.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Ah another thing; I had a critical error because of editing an entangled gold mine. Please fix this. The Corrupted Ancients race was forgotten completly. Update the Corrupted Ancient Models! (for example the corrupted ancient protector always throws the rock to the same direction. If there is an enemy in the north of the corrupted ancient protector it throws the rock through the head -_-). Make the Entangled Gold Mines able to edit without a stupid critical error!

Btw, sorry for the topic necromancy. :lol:

-Rui

Level 1
Im almost posative that blizz well NEVER look at this one bit. They are way to wraped up in WoW to worry about warcraft 3. Not that thats a bad thing but some of there other games still demand respect. You can already see that bliz doesint give a crap about people hacking becouse people do it all the time. I use a map hack when recruteing people for my clan to see how well they do and im not worryed one bit about looseing my cd key. I think that blizz should keep making patches that stop hacks every time new ones come out just to keep the hackers at bay and mabey be able to ban some of them.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Im almost posative that blizz well NEVER look at this one bit. They are way to wraped up in WoW to worry about warcraft 3. Not that thats a bad thing but some of there other games still demand respect. You can already see that bliz doesint give a crap about people hacking becouse people do it all the time. I use a map hack when recruteing people for my clan to see how well they do and im not worryed one bit about looseing my cd key. I think that blizz should keep making patches that stop hacks every time new ones come out just to keep the hackers at bay and mabey be able to ban some of them.

I also think that map hack is lame. I've heard of a way of hacking that reveals all the map, like a cheat, and that's super boring when playing solo.

Umm you map hack? thats kinda lame. I don't think blizzard will destroy yor cd key they just like take it away for a month or maybe 2 depends on what you do i suppose.

Hackers should be banned and final point. Warcraft is supposed to be played with justice. Like I said before, having the sight of the entire map is lame.

-Rui

Status
Not open for further replies.