• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What Do you Like in an RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heya guys. While trying to expand my mapmaking horizons, I want to make a roleplay map, but have a standstill. I have not played an RP map before, nor have gotten the chance to, and it seems that everyone around here is pretty familar with them.

I was just wondering what features you like to see in RPs. I created a list of my own here. Please feel free to suggest or critizise any of my ideas.

• Have an open map, given a special invisable unit to the GM, allowing him to build props and set up the story by creating units to give quests, and being able to modify what different books, journals, scrolls, etc. do. He can also choose a basic plot theme if he likes, or can go from scratch to create his own. The GM cannot godmod by changing what other player's journals, diaries, special items, etc. or by putting them in any location to suggest that the person was there before, or something happened to it. That is up to the respective character to decide where they want to play in the plot.
  • Allow the characters to choose any class, but also allow them to choose their gender and their model they want their character to be, plus a special item they want, which can be named via chat commands. They can also write in their history in their diary, which are be placed by them in any location, or just kept in their inventory.
  • You can choose your spells based on your class and attributes you have selected, altering your class to a unique level. You can also have 1 unrelated spell. You can also choose your personality by answering a simple 10 question quiz while the GM is setting the game up, which your Action spellbook, containing emotes such as Laugh, Nod, etc., is based off of.
  • You can choose if you want to bond with someone, whether it is a realationship or become brothers, the Action spelbook will get new pages for every relationship with someone, your personality can change through this, as in the different relationships, there is a few options that stray away from your main personality.
  • Different talents can be obtained from doing quests of different natures, which can increase or decrease the effects of your spells, or replace a spell with a new one. When you start out, your talents are invested in wherever your personality and your class lie.

(This might belong in the Idea Factory, and if it does, move it there.)

So, if you have any ideas at all, please post them here.

Thanks
Elfsilver Lord

Level 8
Well, the host has the ability to kick and ban, and the ability to restrict certain functions in the game, but either then that, players can do what they like, as long as they don't piss off the host.

Level 36
I like it when people put a lot of work into their towns, take full advantage of stuff like the raise tool and terrain, and the tree editing.

I also like RPs not centered entirely on war or killing, and where you can't "level up". In my RPs I use a level=rank system, where 1=apprentice, 2="graduate", 3=trained, 4=master, 5=grandmaster, 6=supernatural. Or maybe with 2 levels per rank, depends on the theme.

Level 17
It depends Elf, there are several things that you can define an RP map with.

The 2 mostly being DnD (Such as Vuens) or an open and rule free RP map. A DnD would be much easier to make, it sets limits so their more organised, but leaves less open ended RPing. But it also gives it a slight actual game quality, meaning its kind of like an RPG (Which is fun, RPing and playing a game at the same time)

Or, you can make it open ended, like all the other RP maps. (Except Vuens DnD). Although i suggest you do a DnD, because theres only one, and people are drooling for more and getting tired of Vuens. While in the other RP maps there are so many being released right now.

OFFTOPIC:

Anarki, quick question i've been wondering, i recall the name "the-silent-one". Have you been in a "Clan ErPs" or "ErP" in US West before.

Level 1
Host bears the "Ban Hammer"... What i like in RPes ?
-Terrain Changer
-Custom Models
-Themes
-RPers
-Very low limit's in creating town's...
-Very low limit's in hero creation...
-Setname and Name command
-Man who hosted it :p

And thing i would like if it would exist...
-Possibility to set seeall command useless for theese damn cheaters...
U know sometimes it would be really good to travel across the land and meet someone by accident... But as long as seeall exist's we will be just mnstring unit's on way of player we dislike :p

Level 5
Host bears the "Ban Hammer"... What i like in RPes ?
-Terrain Changer
-Custom Models
-Themes
-RPers
-Very low limit's in creating town's...
-Very low limit's in hero creation...
-Setname and Name command
-Man who hosted it :p

And thing i would like if it would exist...
-Possibility to set seeall command useless for theese damn cheaters...
U know sometimes it would be really good to travel across the land and meet someone by accident... But as long as seeall exist's we will be just mnstring unit's on way of player we dislike :p

I'm not a big fan of mass importing models, so HRP 1.4 never gained much popularity (people seem to disdain maps without custom models now: AoDRP has a lot to answer for), but shared vision is off in HRP 1.4, so seeall off works legitly.

On another note, the HRP 1.4b terrainer has options to terrain in square shapes, or to use a terrain builder. Whatever fits your needs to terrain as quickly as possible.

Level 2
What do I like in a rp ? Actually nothing, some time ago RPing slipped and fell of the stairs leading to hell, now in RPes I keep watching the ultra mean hosts that 'Ban-on-wish' - Random guy says defeat (color) and (color) get's defeated... Mostly reasonless, I watch people laughing at 'newbies' instead of helping them, RPers are meaner then DotA playaz' DotA guys at least work in team...

XDraconX

Last edited:
Level 22
... i prefer to RP in public games that my friends are hosting. I find private games to... uh... lets say boring.
Some hosts are actually really nice, aslong as you dont abuse Addstat and stuff
WHat i like in an rp are:

1.Custom Models
2.Custom Spells (If possible)
3.LOTS AND LOTS OF CASTLE/CITY/VILLAGE Builders
4.Lots and lots of tiny utterly useless detailistic builders
5.For High Elven Barracks to train swordsmen/archers at the same speed as footmen

Level 2
If you find Priv games boring Ghost it only means u & ur friends cant make a good story for them... I once had a Priv RP that leasted over 100 hours and was best RP I had in whole life...
Some hosts are nice but some...Kick becouse they had a bad breakfast... :sad: Hahaha Hosts got no power last times... They can boot, timeban but that wont help... At best host will stay in-game alone after eliminating all thoose noobs

XDraconX

Last edited:
Level 34
1 - An idea.
2 - Some things.
3 - My mood to build an awesome thingy (see thread somewhere here)
4 - People, especially people I know.
5 - No Soul-Reaper-NL or people like him, it's a 15/10 dickhead, worse then Anarki. Means that Anarki has now a goal again.
6 - Good RPcommands
7 - Good arsenal of units, buildings, builders etc.
Well, I just say some random things I like in a RP, I got maybe a list of 50 things.

Level 3
I would like to see a LotR Rp cause i want to rp lotr badly.
I remember there is a new Rp call the Forgotten land,it got Lotr character but it only have a few stuff...
I would like to see some landscapes,cities,towns(too lazy to create it in other Rps)
lots of custom models and custom spells(if it possible)
:) lotr builder(build Orthanc,Barar-dur..etc)
just some suggestion
maybe a easier way to create quests
and a system that allow u to name the unit and hero and their class like (i can change Arthas Level 1 Paladin to William Level 1 Crusader )

Level 22
... 100 hours...
Dracon is either a Total NERD has no life, or is Extremely rich and has no friends.
My friends and i do make occasioanlly good rps...
Just a question, my friend joined Sotdrp Nintendo theme once... how does that work?

Level 2
... 100 hours...
Dracon is either a Total NERD has no life, or is Extremely rich and has no friends.
My friends and i do make occasioanlly good rps...
Just a question, my friend joined Sotdrp Nintendo theme once... how does that work?

Are you really that stupid that you can't think a little bit OR you just pretend to be ? You really need to reset ur thinking process... 100 Hours but not done in one line without any brake... Let's say...
I RPed four hours per day rest of day I was doing other stuff... But joke was good :thumbs_up: you showed u really have sense of humor...
Don't worry ur brainlessness didn't screwed up my day... :xxd:
You did

XDraconX

Level 17
Are you really that stupid that you can't think a little bit OR you just pretend to be ? You really need to reset ur thinking process... 100 Hours but not done in one line without any brake... Let's say...
I RPed four hours per day rest of day I was doing other stuff... But joke was good you showed u really have sense of humor...
Don't worry ur brainlessness didn't screwed up my day... You did

100/4. You tell me how much that is.

Lmfao. In a lame attempt at a come back you just showed "ur brainlessness screweded urself up mure"

Level 2
100/4. You tell me how much that is.

Lmfao. In a lame attempt at a come back you just showed "ur brainlessness screweded urself up mure"

I apologize, I apologize, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry...
I had a bad day and after I readed his post I got mad, Sorry, Really... :cry:
You can hate me... Give me -rep for being a brute :sad:

XDraconX

I know what you think, Im really sorry for going mad... But it can happen to evryone !

Level 4
What was the saying... "Think before you act?"

On to the topic:
-Custom models that function well and don't look like a toy that went through an "accident" at the toy factory. But you don't need customs. That's just a way of attracting all of the people that are tired of normal units.
-GOOD terrain. Make sure it doesn't all look to similiar to everything else in the map (but also make sure the terrain all works well together).
-Custom items are good, but make sure they don't add on to much stats. SotDRP has a great way of adding on more than 24 armor after you give a pair of boots, armor, and maybe gloves or a shield (not that it's necessarily bad, considering most of the time heroes are for show, Anarki, but I've ran into a few people who complain about it and won't RP with me if it's SotDRP... which is stupid).
-Make sure you put in a great way of explaining COMMANDS and how to PLAY to new players and experienced players. I've had a harder time teaching people how to play because the quests log is useless in certain RPs to a new player.

Level 4
When I mean similar, I mean by... uh... like Mountains. Mountain's terrain is all the same pretty much. the only differences is the trees, basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.