1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

What kinds of features do u want in warcraft 4?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by orcsrule, Oct 22, 2005.

1. orcsrule

orcsrule

Resources:
    Resources:
    what would be good? new races? a bunch of new heroes? spells?

2. olofmoleman

olofmoleman

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    A good editor, all races that are in Wc3 and more should e playable. like goblins

3. Shadowy Crafter

Shadowy Crafter

Resources:
    Resources:
    A demon, satyr, naga (completed), fel orc (maybe, I'm not sure about it)... Well, I wish for a total of 10 races in it.

And also that there will be space for more buttons in that box on the lower right corner (dunno how it's called) so we can all make heros and units with more than just 7 or 8 abilities.

4. Almost_there

Almost_there

Resources:
    Resources:
    An easy hero design system in game. That would be tight 8)

5. qwerty

qwerty

Resources:
    Resources:
    real shadows. not some round black blob.

6. Nantuko_Husk

Nantuko_Husk

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    hmmmm. . . let's see . . . well , what about more natives so we can extend our current limits :/

7. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Have everything initially scaled to a base creature like a human. So that way buildings will have a .25% on them or something so they're normal size, but for doodaders like me they'll be normal

Also I want more terrain options and possibly the idea of having an engine that is capable of supporting RPGish movement and stuff, as in "Click a unit and activate a toggle and you can control it with movement keys while the camera is behind it and stuff"

8. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I want each race to be separated. For example, I don't like humans. Humans have more dwarves and elves than humans themselves. I wonder if they call them humans just because they are called like that since Warcraft I or if it's because of the worker. :roll:

-Rui

9. Kuhneghetz

Kuhneghetz

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I expect following features in WC4

- Some races seperated (don't mix humans, dwarves and bloodelves).
    - Special Races completed (Nagas, Demons, Nerubians).
    - Many fantasy characters more correctly (Ex: Dryads don't have four legs and don't throw poisonous spears).
    - Higher polygon models.
    - Improved World Editor with more features.
    - The return of Ner'zhul (a.k.a. the Lich King).
    - More units, neutral hostiles and critters based on many fantasy books (like Cockatrices, Krakens, Nymphs, Giants).
    - And other things that I don't know for the moment.

10. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Hey Dan, Warcraft Dryads are deer-centaur. They're never gonna change that. The throwing poisonous spears, yes that's already changed in WoW. But they're still the Daughters of Cenarius

11. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Alost every model twice as much polys (most computers can still run fast with that)
    No sucky trees :p
    playable goblins and burning legion

but they have to make it so custom maps of WC3 can run on WC4 (dunno if thats possible)

and eh... who says there's gonna be a WC4? and if it is coming, when?

12. Bustr_Bladr

Bustr_Bladr

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I would want there to be an editor that can edit .pud, .w3m, .w3x, .w3n, oh, yeah, we already have Zepir's Map Editor. Well, I wanna some submenus on the control board(that's the down right corner of the game), bigger inventory(how about 12 slots + Hero Equipment slots(5 of them))and high detailed skins and models. Here's what would I want to happen at the end of the Wc4:

"llidan defeats Ner'zhul. With his double-blades, Illidan slashes with million hits that destroys the helmet of Ner'zhul. Arthas releases a horrifying voice:
    -You may defeated Ner'zhul inside me, but you didn't defeated the Frostmourne!
    Illidan answers:
    -Frostmourne is now a ordinary, rusty blade that looks like a piece of metal, not a powerfull,charming artifact that eats souls like an endless hole. Without its power you are nothing.
    Arthas gets up and grabs Frostmourne. He swung Frostmourne with full power but it breaks into thousands of pieces, stucking one into Arthas' heart:
    -As I began to follow the Path of the Damned, Ner'zhul promissed me to be invincible, indestructible to anything, but now, I am only a hopeless human who will die...
    Arthas' head rushes to a rock, giving a fatal hit. Illidan buried the poor, lost soul and Arthas' body was never found again."

Don't call me Shakespire. This is from my book: Warcraft 4: The Return of Ner'zhul. :D

13. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Butr Bladr, cool book ^^ but I think Arthas should win... but then Kil' Jaeden and Arthas will fight eachother... or sumthing...

but, why more detailed skins? maybe a little less cartoony, but the MODELS should be more detailed.

14. orcsrule

orcsrule

Resources:
    Resources:
    i think it would be cool 2 have units patrol in circles, not just lines.

and most important. i think u should b able 2 customize army racially ie: tauren grunts, tauren hhs, troll grunts, orc hhs, etc. tauren units would be slightly slower but more powerful, and trolls would be slightly faster, but less powerful.
    humans/dwarves/elves would be the same.

15. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Illidan can never defeat the Lich King. Considering that Mal'Furion alone is twice as powerful as Illidan, and that Mal'Furion is easily only about 1/64th of Lich's power...

Yeah. The Lich Kig is, according to the Warcraft RPG, 128 times stronger than Illidan. Illidan is 53, Mal'Furion is level 54 and the Lich King himself is level 60

16. tuna69

tuna69

Resources:
    Resources:
    wc4 better have awesome graphics like 'Age of Empires III'

man those graphics are insane.

17. Bustr_Bladr

Bustr_Bladr

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Erm, Ramzs, that's what I wanted with skins, and Mecheon, on the half of the book Illidan travels to Twisting Nether and without knowing he finds an orb that is said about that it can melt mountains with one move, implode worlds with one word and capable of defeating even the greatest warrior-mages, like Ner'zhul. It was originally made by Kil'jaeden and one tiny part of the Orb's power was given to Iliidan when he served to Kil'jaeden, but the full power of the Orb is unmatchable. When Kil'jaeden lost it, he also lost many of his powers, but he sitll kept one of the most destructive and he is more powerfull that the Orb's power.

18. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Think this is a stupid question, but if Kil' Jaeden is so stong, then why didnt he pwn archimonde himself and became leader of the burning legion. and why didnt he destroy the orcs and night elves and all races himself if hes so uber? :?

19. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Kil'Jaden the Deciever is more of a behind-the-scenes type Ereder. I think that Arthas is more powerful than him right now actually, so he is in a bit of a fix. And sides, Killy made the Orcs go into a bloodlust, why would he want to kill them?

Oh, and the slight problem of being unable to actually GO to Azeroth without someone summoning him, and the fact that Sargeres is the leader of the Burning Legion and no demon could beat Sargy. He's a Titan, you know, the race who kicked the Old God's asses off of Azeroth?

And I also want only the races that need it getting buffed out. I like that different races but same unit set, but it wouldn't just be Horde versus Alliance. Blizzard were stupid to set it up like that. Lets just say that the Night Elves got pissed at the gnomes and dwarves destroying nature and the Forsaken went a little too far in the "kill all life" direction so the Horde kicked them out. Then lets say that Illidan sent his Blood Elves, Naga and Draenei to go and massacure random Azeroth races at random places at Azeroth. And that the Goblins wanted to make a hell of a lot of money off the entire thing

And that Arthas is unbeatable by anything less that a Titan. Sargy would be able to defeat him, if anyone was stupid enough to summon Sargy into Azeroth. Bad move if you ever do that, good thing his Avatar is the closest thing to him currently and that's probably sunken deep beneath the ocean

20. Bustr_Bladr

Bustr_Bladr

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    But, if Kil'jaeden encrypted Ner'zhul, then he cannot be more powerfull than Arthas(Lich King) Oh, and my bad in the last post. He didn't had left only one power, but more of them. So he is still unbeatable('till somebody comes to kick @$$).