• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What is your favourite mission in each book so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
We have a post about our chosen book, about our choosen faction and also about our characters. So i created this post in order to choose your favourite mission of each book, and also explain why.
I´ll start

First Human Book.
It would be Green Wave. At this point of the History we dont know much about the orcs and their clans, neither about Zarin or how Rangul killed his brother Mordrin. Also is the first time we play as the Dwarven Faction, a complete breeze to get some rest of the imperials.
We are accompany by Salana, the new representative of the Elves so is Elves+Dwarves against Orcs, something unexpected
We fight 6 orc clans, that includes Deathbreeze with Sasrogarn and Darkmind with Rath. It was a hard but really funny mission to crush those greenskins.

First Orc Book.
Pride of the Empire was nasty but i´ll choose Rise of the DeathBreeze. We are controlling Rangul and the Deathbreeze clan in order to unite all Orc clans to fight the imperials, having both Rath and Zairmak as alies, then completing the side quest to have Red and yellow join us (Green join us because we killed that spider) and fight against the moghtar. A Non-Orc Clan that are the most hated enemy of the orcs.
It was incredible nonetheless.

First Undead Book.
I could choose many (the undead are my favourite race), Rise of the Dead or BloodBath, But i´ll ended choosing Possesed. Love the concept, we are using a "rebelion" of the imperials to fight against another imperials, dwarves and ironfist. It was done by our favourite skeleton hunter Krom, to make sure none of them escaped from the caves to alert another detachments.
We play as imperials but our hero is Krom, we could kill or posses Sir Ross, gaining access to an ally but also a Demi-Hero (The strongest Demi-Hero ever, at least he thinks that)
The concept, terrain and gameplay was marvelous, so it was my favourite mission of the undead.

Now we start with the Second Books, we know nothing about undead book for now so i´ll be picking Human and Orc only.

Second Human Book.
It has been a hard choice between End of the Uprising and the Winner. End of the Invasion, as well as his GG part.
I loved playing this map, you have units from all the factions that joined the Ironfist, elves, normal ironfist, knight of kome, flamekeepers/firemages, Black dragons, some undead, and royal army units.
You make a desperated atempt to stop the invasion with the purificator while you defend your fortress against infinite number of Demons, but also orc and their tribal dominion, and the Bonelords legion.
You have to take advantage that they are not allied against you, they fight each other and you killed the remainings, but once you deal with a faction, other factions gets stronger, because they have less enemys to fight against and focus completely on destroying you. Using your 5 hero from every faction you have to take care of all of them while the purificator destroys their armies from afar.

Second Orc Book.
Roars in the forest, Horse and Raider, even Risen Resistance couldnt beath the winner. Most people would know that i´m talking about A Red Day. Fighting your nemesis through all this campaign, Duke Volarion Redfist the Tyrant (Winner of Best Papa cup) supported by the Bloodstones and Daric mercenaries (luckily, not Logan).
Every single unit from the Tribal Dominion is ready to fight for their survival, All the heroes from this campaign are here as allies, every race, orcs, trolls, goblin, centaur, bearman, ogres, gnolls, harpys, dragons and Rock Golems are here to fight to the last breath, to defend their new home against the strongest human faction ever existed.
I dont have much else to say, you have to play to understand the magic of this mission, probably my favourite mission so far.

Second Undead Book.
It was hard to choose between the First mission and the Fourth. But in the end, Matter of Faith won.
Both rutes are equally good, but the Black lotus one is the canon so i´ll be talking about it.
There you have a mix of undead armies, Some Bonelords skeleton, some demons, cript fiends from Ejara nexus, some regular undead and of course, our newest ally the Dark elves.
You have 3 heroes to fight along the cave, against some protoorcs, tons of sludges (i hate slow) and Quiraness slaves families and her own forces.
Use the vent system to expand some drugs and make them, either braindead, or just kill them. A nice ending to this civil war, half joining the death, half becoming slaves. Quite delightful.

So which are your favourites missions and why?

Last edited:

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
Siege of Kome for the First Orc Book is one of favorites, to be more specific the original versions where everything was a headache and a half and leaving corpses unattended meant one of the many Knight Commanders could simply revive everything you killed. Once upon a time Theoden had spell immunity as well as ressurection.

Lords of the Golden Guard is pretty great as well, who needs destructors when you have the best soldiers of humanity. Along with of course catapults and siege golems of course it has the one hero I still want to fucking strangle with his own staff, that one demonologist that nukes clusters of units.

As for the First Undead Book it has to either be Possessed or the demon slave smackdown, used to have a lot of trouble with that one back in the day.

Defense of Home, is probably my favorite of the Human Book I'd normally say Green Wave but the mission has been nerfed way too hard for me to fully enjoy it anymore. Past me would be looking on in horror no doubt.

As for the Second Orc Book it's gotta either be Horse and Rider or Dogs of War, the first is where you truly show everyone that you mean business and as for the second well the experience I had in the pre release version stuck with me lets just say that getting gold was next to impossible so rebuilding a shattered army was not ideal. Shar wanted to send me a fixed version of course but I ended up winning anyways. If I'm remembering right the only units that dropped gold were the fire golem waves, yeah it was not ideal but it worked out somehow.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I'd normally say Green Wave but the mission has been nerfed way too hard for me to fully enjoy it anymore.
*cough*
Chapter Nine: An infernal wave ability.... Shar are you trying to kill me? That orc... I will burn everything he loves for destroying my army... was that thorn aura? *Slams head against wall*

Level 22
First Human Book:
I'd have to say chapter 3. Unlike a later chapter, your allies are useful and you don't feel trapped. ;)
The scale of the battles was also, in my opinion, bigger than that of chapter 11 even.

First Orc Book:
Last chapter. Breaking through the imperial lines was grueling, but it felt satisfying in the end. Those who like the demons will double agree.

First Undead Book:
Chapter 8 due to being the most unique one. Possessing nearly everything and turning your enemies into your troops was fun.

Second Human Book:
Either of the chapter 12's. Using that devastating cannon ability to crush your enemies is not only satisfying, but pleasant to look at too. The map also provides an interesting indirect challenge, with you using the cannon only on their armies, while you try to destroy your enemies' bases with whatever troops you have. ( Not recommended unless you have a lot of patience and some luck. )

Second Orc Book:
Chapter 6. Mainly for the choice near the end of the chapter.
Chapter 13 can also be a contender due to all of the troops both you and your enemy possess.

Second Undead book:
Chapter 3 since it's the only one currently available. :p

Level 29
Alright, since everyone is doing it

First Human Book
The Final Chapter: Mostly because it is former allies fighting against each other and if you do it right, you can have demons fighting alongside you and yet be the right side XD

First Orc Book
Chapter Five: The mechanics in order to win are very good. Rather than having to defeat everyone, we have other ways to win their allegiance

First Undead Book
Chapter Eight: Like everyone else for the same reasons

Second Human Book
Chapter 4: It has the plot twist that changes the entire campaign

Second Orc Book
Chapter Ten: Mostly because of just how simple it is to win. The Harpies do all the job for you. All you have to do is releasing them.

Level 19
Siege of Kome for the First Orc Book is one of favorites, to be more specific the original versions where everything was a headache and a half and leaving corpses unattended meant one of the many Knight Commanders could simply revive everything you killed. Once upon a time Theoden had spell immunity as well as ressurection.

That sounds horrifying, glad i´ve never experienced that.

Mostly because it is former allies fighting against each other and if you do it right, you can have demons fighting alongside you and yet be the right side XD

Those were (i think) largoth´s servants helping Aedale, so every demon that was killed was a good one.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
to be more specific the original versions where everything was a headache and a half and leaving corpses unattended meant one of the many Knight Commanders could simply revive everything you killed. Once upon a time Theoden had spell immunity as well as ressurection.
Apart from Theoden having Resurrection, that's, uhm, all still the case.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
favouriteGardon.png

Level 21
First Human Book:
Green Wave - promotes learning and retrying for the best early approach, rewards fast aggression particularly against Blue

First Orc Book:
Rise of the Deathbreeze if the enemy Dragons weren't insufferable. Realistically, probably Pride of the Empire since the Undead base is no longer invulnerable

First Undead Book:
Possession - unique and fun approach

Second Human Book:
Long Live the Queen - lots of neat map events that coming together based on previous choices

Second Orc Book:
A Red Day - big ol' battles at the height of both factions' strength

Second Undead book:
Hunter and Prey - only Kasrkin and I have played this one as of now, but I think everyone will enjoy it

Level 7
First Human Book

I would rank Green Wave on top. The AI of the Elves can be frustratingly dumb, but being surrounded on all sides and having to act fast and strike hard is great. Gets kind of lame once you've eliminated most of the orcs and still have to grind it to the end.

Chapter 3 with the huge scale battle was also fantastic. Useful allies, continuous fights. The terraining was a bit boring, but for once there was space to move around instead of narrow corridors. Also suffers from a boring portion to finish off the enemy once clearly winning, but not the worst. I would love more chapters with large-scale battles. In the FHB timeline, a mission where you have a base on the frontline against the demons and must, with your allies, hold them off for an hour, could be a treat.

Second Human Book

I loved chapter 3 in the Pyrru Pass. Destroying militia with Cora's ultimate is so very satisfying. Can't get enough of Cora with her cold aura and her waves. The grind to eliminate all the units guarding the pass, and all the enemy bases, can get long.

Chapter 4 without a hero was great and original. But the Ironfist allies are almost useless (especially at the end when their army takes forever and a half to go across the map, instead of using a more advanced outpost to speed up things) and once you've dealt with the initial onslaughts, it becomes less of a challenge and too much of a grind (why so many units to guard the trebuchets ??). It also promotes a "play safe" approach as being too slow won't fail to rescue Gardon as the undeads don't really intend to kill him.

Chapter 5's beginning is very challenging, I enjoyed it, though playing through the won endgame once destructors are out is less pleasing.

I liked many of the later missions, but it's hard to rank them as clearly more enjoyable.

Level 6
Can I choose more than 3 missions each Book?
If yes, I have 3 missions that I liked in each.

First Human Book:
1) Payback - Killing those murderous Orcs was quite satisfying.
2) Green Wave - Using Dwarves as a force was quite challenging, coupled with many enemies around you.
3) Betrayal - Aeon of Strife type of play is my favorite type of warfare.

Second Human Book:
1) Rebellion - The struggle is real. Fighting enemies with geological advantage is fine for me.
2) Last Stand of the Golden Guard/End of the Ironfist - Both split missions were my favorite equally.
3) The Gate of Hell/Golden Crusade - I liked both the final missions of the separate paths.
4) Burning Forest/Long Live the Queen - Both enjoyable missions.

First Orc Book:
1) Rise of the Deathbreeze - Well, macro + unification is a plus.
2) Death's Approach - Despite losing both Dogran and Gorthog, the mission is enjoyable.
3) Pride of the Empire - This mission is the bomb.

Second Orc Book:
1) Horse and Rider/The Legion - Macro Aeon of Strife, as I say, my favorite fight. Also, I love the free the nests, then let them attack style of this mission.
2) Risen Resistance - Another Aeon of Strife type of battle.
3) Red Day/Cloaks of Gold/End of Orckind - As I say, Aeon of Strife is my forte. These 3 were tied in 3rd.

First Undead Book:
1) Dead Men's March - Classic build and destroy.
2) Possession - Sowing discord is my specialty.
3) Bloodbath - Good Aeon of Strife mission.

Second Undead Book:
1) Dark Dpeths and Elves of the Deep - Enjoyable as it is,they are tied.
2) A Matter of Faith - doing both choices made me enjoy this mission.
3) Hunter and Prey - Loving that dodging mission.

True Story:
I will wait until Shar finish the whole story. Then I will add my favorites on that story.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.