• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Orcs to stronk?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Yeah yeah i get it...Orcs are the laughing stock of this project,but hear me out on this one before you hit that next button.

Lately, i decided to go on a nostalgia trip and play all 4 projects(+ the true love map xD) just for shits and giggles,I mean i had free time...Spending it by screaming and tearing my hair out,on our beloved tyrant project seemed like a good way.

Everybody knows that the orc book is...Let's say least favorite one in the trio...I myself had not played it for quite some time...

I realised that orcs have(imo) the best tech tree.Yeah they suck a little bit on the air unit departament and at first glance their main force(grunts,champions and warlords) seem like the stereotypical orc slow&kiteable.
However when you pair them with the AMAZING spellcasters that orcs have,you end up with a death ball that tears through everything(its even better against the undead who lack some form of mass dispell)

I personally loved the 6xWarlock/Necrolyte(amazing cc+damage one heros) combo+ 3xShaman(for bloodlust and purge,in case my champions get cucked by cripple/slow spells).

Has anyone else played the orc book recently?If so what do you think about their units?

Level 29
All factions have their own advantages.

Humans possess all-around balanced unit techtree: powerful mechanical units, versatile infantry and decent spellcasters. While orc units might deal more damage, the humans possess healers that are very useful on the battlefield.

Undead are also well-balanced, but focus more on overwhelming with numbers. Their graveyards provide endless corpses and they can use them to create more units. Their spellcasters are very useful; abominations and legionnaires are ridicuously powerful...

Orcs are all about attack. Their units can receive upgrades to increase their damage, most of their spellcasters are all about offensive...

By the way it is "Orcs too strong?!"

Level 22
Well, yeah the orcs, if we judge from the techtrees of the 1st books are indeed pretty good.
What you wrote can be pretty much also said for the Orcs in Warcraft III. Nothing better than casting a bloodlust on a heavy unit am i right?
My only problem with them at this point is that we will never experience them in their full playable Tribal Dominion techtree. Judging from chapter 12 it would have been pretty great.

Level 20
All factions have their own advantages.
Humans possess all-around balanced unit techtree: powerful mechanical units, versatile infantry and decent spellcasters. While orc units might deal more damage, the humans possess healers that are very useful on the battlefield.

Orcs do have healers as well,AI is pretty dumb and does not focus down your healing wards,even tho you have Rangul's healing scepter that helps with that as well(but that is not part of their tech-tree)

Undead are also well-balanced, but focus more on overwhelming with numbers. Their graveyards provide endless corpses and they can use them to create more units. Their spellcasters are very useful; abominations and legionnaires are ridicuously powerful...

Yeah that's true but mass dispell(humans in this case) or 2 or 3 champions bloodlusted+frenzied up vanquish the 180 hp sceletons.

You can nuke down the necromancers with your own necrolytes(spam them with chain lightnining) and you can use corpses yourself.You can cripple abominations/legionnaries (and besides the banshes spell shield there isnt much they can do about it) while you can despell their cripple fairly easy.

Orcs are all about attack. Their units can receive upgrades to increase their damage, most of their spellcasters are all about offensive...
That & the fact that they are so damn easy to use makes them such a wreckball of faction.

Ofcourse it could be that the orc books is simply just easier than the other two books and i am just delusional about their op-ness or its their faction that makes it such an easy book...Confused :eek:

Level 29
Ofcourse it could be that the orc books is simply just easier than the other two books and i am just delusional about their op-ness or its their faction that makes it such an easy book...Confused :eek:

It may look easier because the orcs' main foes are humans, while the human and undead books are them facing off the demons, far greater foes.

The orcs, in comparison to demons, are more of an annoyance than an actual threat. The only reason they did so well was because the imperials underestimated them and because the main focus was the demon invasion. If the demons were gone, the orcs would have been crushed easily. After all, the Darkmind Clan was nearly led to extinction quite easily by three armies.

Level 20
It may look easier because the orcs' main foes are humans, while the human and undead books are them facing off the demons, far greater foes.

It could be...Demons do chaos type damage and the freaks rely on brute force just as much as they rely on their casters.Still i'd take Greenskins over them.

Status
Not open for further replies.