• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What is the Cluster rocket projectile delay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
This skill you cannot adjust the speed, it hit the target location with same time nomatter what speed you set it to. So it has a time delay until it hit the target, and I'm going to set it to 1 projectile. Is there anyone who know the delay? I know it's somewhat above 1 sec. I'm going to make a skill and I need to know the exact delay/time until the projectile hits the target.

I'm going to make an advanced cluster grenade skill with help of this, but I need exact time from when you initiates the effect of the skill until the projectile (I prefer visual) hits there you aim.

If you try to clone tinker's cluster rocket ability, set it to have 3000 range, and use it so far, you understand what I mean. It gets there quite fast.

Correct answer will be rewarded with a rep+

Last edited:
Level 11
um, you can test it yourself quite easily. I would do it but I don't really have the time. Just make a trigger that detects when you cast spell cluster rockets and make it start a timer with a timeout of 5 seconds. Then make another trigger that detects when a certain unit is damaged and when it is have it display with a text message the elapsed time of the timer. Just start up the map and cast the spell to damage that certain unit. When the unit is damaged, it will display the delay time.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
I tried your suggestion. The time is almost a constant. But the range have a very minor impact.

I got readings from about 0.746 seconds on close range to 0.777 seconds from 2500 range. I'm using a 0.76 timer, so now I can make a accurate trigger based cluster grenade ability. I got one exception once, 7.17 seconds. otherwise I got the other numbers 19 of 20 times.

setting the projectile speed or arc doesn't matter. It uses about 0.746 to about 0.777 anyways.

But does the Every second event timer and countdown timer leak? They got exactly synced timing.

Level 29
Things you will have access to use in GUI that leak:

Locations

Locations include any "Position of something" or things like that.

Unit Groups

Unit groups which include picking units with the "Pick ---" action, using Unit Group variables (you will need to destroy them!), and a really unknown leak is the "Create x units ...".
I don't think anyone knows it, but suddenly Need_O2 pointed out that it actualy creates a group, and since you don't have any other way to create units in GUI, you will have to add a group removing script before it !

Scripts (put them with a Custom Script action):

" call RemoveLocation(udg_yourLocationsName) " - to remove a point variable.

" set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true " - to destroy a group via the "pick ---" right after it finished its actions.
Put this script one line BEFORE you pick !

" call DestroyGroup(udg_groupName) " to destroy a group whenever you want (I think there is also a group removing action in GUI)

Level 11
GhostWolf said:
Unit groups which include picking units with the "Pick ---" action, using Unit Group variables (you will need to destroy them!), and a really unknown leak is the "Create x units ...".

Since when does CreateNUnitsAtLoc() leak a unit group? It simply clears bj_lastCreatedGroup and adds the units created to that group. That particular group is created at map initialization anyways, and if you try to destroy that group you will get some serious issues (some BJ functions use it and none of them ever do "set bj_lastCreatedGroup = CreateGroup()" so if you destroy it they will be trying to reference a null handle).

Status
Not open for further replies.