• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do I set art effect to wait until the projectile hits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
How do I set an art effect to wait until the projectile hits, ie having an explosion go off when a cluster missle hits (in addition to the normal one). What I am ideally tying to do here is have 1 cluster missle launch and when it hits have a big explosion go off. I have a model, but no matter where I place the art effect it never waits until the missile hits before blowing up. Help please!

Level 9
You could fire a trigger when a unit takes damage, or you could calculate when the projectile will hit based off the projectile speed (defined in the spell's entry in the editor) and the distance between points.

P.S. There might be a wait action for this; I'm not sure.

~The_Raven

Level 11
Hmm... The damaging stuff doesn't really work because the unit could get damaged by other spells or units. STILL, there might be a way. You can make for the model a death animation which can obviously be based on another already done model. So just implement the animation (dunno how...) and the effect should I appear (I think). Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.