• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Help Making An Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm trying to think of how to make an ability like dota's 3rd jakiro spell but somewhat more to it.

The thing is that I'm using imported effects both on the projectile and one explosion effect when the projectile hits. When coding the spell I can't really have the projectile hit point to use for my explosion effect.

Any ideas on how to code this so that I will get a projectile fly to a wanted point, and making a special effect to that point WHEN it lands?

Level 9
Use a wait action? Or place a dummy unit at the point where the projectile has to land + create a trigger that picks every unit of type of the dummy around the projectile and when it picks such a unit - explode.

Remember to remove leaks.

Level 12
make a dummy unit cast a customized verison of Cluster Rockets, with only 1 projectile dealing 99999 only on Ancients, to hit at a certain area, where you have placed another dummy unit, which has 9999 life that is an Ancient

then check when the unit dies, and create the special effect

Level 17
If it's like Jakiro's spell, then you can use a formula to get the exact point where the projectile will land. The biggest problem with triggers like these is when they are unit target spells, since a unit can run away, a point can't.

Even if it throws a fireball at a unit, the dummy spell (the flamestrike) is point-target, so it can't run away.

if you for example set the missile speed of the projectile to 100 (just to make things easier to understand) then it will take the missile 1 second to travel those 100 units, and 0.01 seconds to travel 1 unit.
Check the range between the target and the caster and use a formula like this:

wait : (range)/10 seconds
Do your spell

Level 3
Check the range between the target and the caster and use a formula like this:

wait : (range)/10 seconds
Do your spell

That's an idea that fits well with my current triggering, the previous post mentions something equally good but I will have to make things all over the start.

One question about this. Does projectile arc interfere with projectile speed at all or is speed only measured on X axis?

Status
Not open for further replies.