• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Cluster Rockets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I have been trying to modify Cluster Rockets to deal more damage based on Agility times a number + 9. But so far I have lost my mind.
Trigger: A Unit Starts the Effect of an Ability
Condition: (Ability being Cast) Equal to Glaive Barrage
Then: VariableSet HealingWave (Integer) = ((Agility of (Casting Unit)) x5)+12)
Ability - Set Ability: (Unit: Casting Unit)'s Ability with Ability Code: Glaive Barrage - "R")'s Real Level Field: Damage Amount ('Ncs1') of level 0 to real (Real(HealingWave))
Ability - Set Ability: (Unit: Casting Unit)'s Ability with Ability Code: Glaive Barrage - "R")'s Real Level Field: Damage Amount ('Ncs1') of level 1 to real (Real(HealingWave))
Then: VariableSet HealingWave (Integer) = ((Agility of (Casting Unit)) x6)+18)
Ability - Set Ability: (Unit: Casting Unit)'s Ability with Ability Code: Glaive Barrage - "R")'s Real Level Field: Max Damage ('Ncs4') of level 0 to real (Real(HealingWave))
Ability - Set Ability: (Unit: Casting Unit)'s Ability with Ability Code: Glaive Barrage - "R")'s Real Level Field: Max Damage ('Ncs4') of level 1 to real (Real(HealingWave))

This ability to be exact is just a copy pasta of the OG Cluster Rocket's but instead of firing missiles it will fire glaives. But so far I get the damage amount, but it doesnt set. I have set it both as "A Unit Starts the Effect of an Ability" and "A Unit Begins casting an Ability"

I also have a picture of the other Spell being a Hero spell.

Please help :'<

Attachments

• Meow.JPG
    Meow.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 14
  • MeowHero.JPG
    MeowHero.JPG
    228.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Fire Arrow.JPG
    Fire Arrow.JPG
    387 KB · Views: 13
  • No DMG.JPG
    No DMG.JPG
    298.9 KB · Views: 12
Level 19
So then I should set the NCS1 to being HealingWave times 12?
No, more like ('Ncs4') = ('Ncs1') x 12

To simplify. In your trigger where you set HealingWave, before applying it to ('Ncs4'), do Set HealingWave = HealingWave x 12

If ('Ncs4') is not set to 0 and all other stats of Cluster Rocket's are set as default it should still deal SOME damage. However Cluster Rocket's wont deal damage if you change its values in the object editor incorrectly.

Since you get the game message it means the event fires and the conditions are OK. That in my mind leaves two options. Either you changed some values incorrectly or the function to change ('Ncs1') and ('Ncs4') simply doesnt work.

1. If you changed any values on the spell you can reset the changes and test the map again to make sure the trigger works, in that case it should deal SOME damage.
2. You can make sure the function to change the values of the spell works properly. You still need to default the spell. Set ('Ncs1') to 100 and ('Ncs4') to 1000 in the trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.