• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What is "Gaia's Retaliation"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I have no idea what it is. I understang it got to do with this game War Craft?

I am writing a book called ""Gaia's Revenge" and I googled some similiar names.

What is it?
Is it a registered trademark?
How many people know this expression?
How popular is it in the community of War Craft?

Sorry for the neediness.

Level 6
I think u dont break a license here if u name ur book "Gaia's Revenge"

Which language do u use for the book?

Level 1
Thanks guys.
Well, it is supposed to be translated to English in the future.

Can you tell me whats behind the name of this map?

I think there are a lot of books with the title "Gaia's something". It's the typical stuff that comes to mind when some kind of nature goddess is involved.
Maybe continue your research somewhere else; there's no trademark here, it's just a name we made up very very long ago.

Then again, I never heard of something like copyright or trademark protection when it comes to literature anyway, so I assume your attempt is pretty much pointless. You can name your story the way you like it, most of the time.

Just something to consider: this is sooo 08/15. I always wished I could rename the map as I feel the name is so much cliche for the story. Don't get me wrong; I know this has its origin in old northern mythology, but the name Gaia is so overused and boring that you sometimes want to vomit. I sticked to the name because it has earned some kind of fame in Warcraft III and I don't want to confuse people.
However, as you are writing a book, please don't fall into the deep cliche trap by using the name Gaias for an obvious type of nature related entity.

Status
Not open for further replies.