• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

What is a good model to replace this model or skin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't understand what your question is.

a model is a totally seperate unit, set with it's own animations which the creator has made(or transfered).

all you must do is import it into your map (don't forget textures, read some tutorials on how to import it if you need) then it will show up as a selection for a model file when you create a new unit via the Object editor.

Level 21
i don't understand what your question is.

a model is a totally seperate unit, set with it's own animations which the creator has made(or transfered).

all you must do is import it into your map (don't forget textures, read some tutorials on how to import it if you need) then it will show up as a selection for a model file when you create a new unit via the Object editor.

I'm hoping to use the Beast Master model to replace the undead unit guy and I was just curious if it was going to affect the sprite and such. :bored:

Level 4
Just because you change the unit's model, all your doing is changing how it looks on the outside. It still has the same abilities, stats, etc. as it would otherwise, it just looks different :D.

Level 11
if your wandering will model animations change, answer is yes.
Each model has its own animations, that can be changed in special tools (and with promition of author of custom model).
So changing a model will change its animation. So you cant replace (for example) a footmen with succubus and still keep footmen animations.
Is this what you asked. Your question is really badly put together.

From tread title name, you ask what model should replace this one. Well, you can use model that uses same animations, unless animations are custom made by creator of the custom model. That will make spell animations stay same and wont mess up (like when you order a unit to roars, and it bashes with his shield).

So, if that model uses beastmasters animations, then yes, beastmaster would be great to replace him.

Status
Not open for further replies.