• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What if the world was blasted with EMP blast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Linkage

EMP's in simple terms make all electronic devises stop working.
A good show to watch about what would happen would be Jericho.

What you guys think would the world do if all electronic devises were to stop working.

Level 7
I think i would be dead.
Just kidding, I would spend WAY more time around with my friends, and we would start using swords and armor again. It would be harder to make some foods, and all the fat Americans would have to start working out because we no longer have cars, HAHAHAHA! I think it would be a lot of fun, though all my online homeys would be gone, and i would definitely suffer a loss for them all.

Level 12
Mass suicides, mostly fat people that play WoW all day, and people that live 20+ miles from there job and cant move a bike, far less mount it. I think many modders would die, and Bill Gates would blow up his mansion and take out a small city. The USA would finally notice how bad their media is, and mexicans would be able to cross the border en mass becuase there would be no more gaurds, they'd be trying to fix the TV. Africans would take over the world, since they don't have much technolgy, they wouldn't notice, therfore they could mobilize ships and float over to the us, well they are still trying to fix their TV's and getting WoW back online. [/rant]

Level 11
Mass suicides, mostly fat people that play WoW all day, and people that live 20+ miles from there job and cant move a bike, far less mount it. I think many modders would die, and Bill Gates would blow up his mansion and take out a small city. The USA would finally notice how bad their media is, and mexicans would be able to cross the border en mass becuase there would be no more gaurds, they'd be trying to fix the TV. Africans would take over the world, since they don't have much technolgy, they wouldn't notice, therfore they could mobilize ships and float over to the us, well they are still trying to fix their TV's and getting WoW back online. [/rant]

Why would mexicans cross the border if all countries would be equal, no techonology means everyone starts from square one? Lol.

Level 34
Why would Mexicans cross the border if all countries would be equal, no technology means everyone starts from square one? Lol.

Does 'rape, pillage, plunder and items' ring a bell?

Edit: Mostly the electronic hungry people would scream and die, like fat Americans at the drive-in.

Considering the fact that nowadays most people know to work with electronics, the first thing that would happen is creating makeshift electronics and slowly reconstruct the entire infrastructure, starting from the most important ones, like the radio, and then moving on to the less important ones, like MP3 players. My bet is that the complete recovery process, if nothing interrupts it, would roughly last for about 10 years.

Level 15

rofl

A better thread title would have been ''A world with no electrical devices or technology''. EMP blasts aren't the only thing to actually mess with these things, and they're not all that common.

In any case, kawliti is probably right: if people actually get organized, the whole thing could be remade in a matter of years. The problem though, is the initial shock of losing all of it. People might panic, some people might decide to live differently, might be a war or two, etc... This part is a lot less predictable. Besides, a good part of the world doesn't use this technology, so they'd be fine.

simply we would reges back into the medieval age :p
No.
EMP burn out all eletronic device it doesn't erase knowledge.
EMP doesn't affect guns either so no sword no armor.
Guns and ammo could still be crafted but not industrialy produced.

Also it's not because there was an EMP blast that everyone would go on amok.
Most likely a recon phase (what's work what doesn't) and recycling, rebuilding phase.

Level 24
I thought that EMPs only disrupted power supplies, or electronics that were actually on. Also, it's possible for electronics to be shielded against EMPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.