• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

what if teh world was flat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
if the world were flat would i be able to see the himalaya mountains from my back yard?
(sounds like a stupid yahoo answers question :p)

Level 34
We all know that this question is one of the questions that are impossible to answer due scientific (read: Medivh Tards), religious (read: Elenai) and (in)sanity related (read: You) reasons.

Level 27
A more feasible way to ask the question is to ask if we could see it if light ran parallel to the surface of the Earth.

I think the atmosphere would get in the way. When you look at far away hills, they turn bluer and bluer the farther away they are. Maybe if you used night vision goggles at night it might work, but the atmospheric scattering would probably still prevent it.

Of course if we got rid of the atmosphere...

HFR

HFR

Level 22
That's because of the fog. Decrease it a bit and you'll see everything.

Holy shit, this isn't the Terraining Forum is?

It's possible to see the Everest but you must have a good vision to do it and no pollution or fog of war.

Level 36
This would happen.

8esb8g3.png

HFR said:
fog of war.

You, sir, play too much Warcraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.