1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

What has just happened???

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by Levdragon, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Levdragon

Levdragon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello to everybody out there on THW, most of you probably don't know me and I don't usually take part in these debates and discussions, but considering they have (at least to my P.o.V) shattered the heart and soul of THW I am wanting to ask things and state my opinions aswell as disuss the site.

I am not sure if this is the right place for it, but this is SITE DISCUSSION and all the other threads have been closed because of stup- thoughtless people derailing those threads.

I want to ask a few things, firstly, why must you people continue to banter and argue with the reasoning for bannings? People disobeyed the rules, they were wanred multiple times, but persisted, enough said. Although that being said, I do sympthaise because I know what it's like to lose a great friends.

I notice there are two sides to this issue, Ralle's side being -we want a great community etc. and don't want disobeying or rulebreaking admins and members. And the Conservative's or "Bring-back-the-banned", who want to bring back those banned (or at least some of them). People are failing to see the Third and Largest party here, the members of THW! We just want to help others out, host our projects up and download great resources! I am not sure what is to be done, or what must be done but please, if some people are trolling (having fun) etc. IGNORE them and get on with it, perman-bans or month bans seem wayyyy to harsh for things like that (unless you have literally warned them 2 or more times, which according to Ralle is the case for SOME of the banned people).

One more thing to comment on is the closeing of the RP thread which complexes me, why devote 15 admins to other things, but fail to perserve a crucial and lovely aspect, the Role Playing thread. Why not simply make sub-admisn for that threat from their more prominnent members who only have powers over that section? Seems a lot easier.

I do sincerely hope that this has been read not only by the admins but also by the members, to clear things up and get to real issue of the site discussion, us, the members, who suffer daily because of this!

2. Karawasa

Karawasa

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Keep on dreaming buddy. Most of the people are involved in this mess. People who don't post much or don't contribute much...no one really cares what you think.

The answer is shameless redirection of people to a supposed affiliate of the site. An affiliate that requires a new account and has no connection to THW other than being called an affiliate.

3. Levdragon

Levdragon

Resources:
    Resources:
    I see, the RPdotcom, yes I agree it's a bit worrying, I fear it might detriment the integrity of the community of Hive.

4. Karawasa

Karawasa

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh that integrity is long gone. Watch as your post vanishes lol.

5. Levdragon

Levdragon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Posts disappearing, oh dear... i'm sure mine will remain, they are valid and authentic points, questions and queries.

6. The Dark Wizard

The Dark Wizard

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't see anything disrespectful here, so I don't see why we would delete his/her post.

7. I3lackDeath

I3lackDeath

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    ^
    @TDW:
    With all due respect, why did you close the Q&A thread? (I assume I can post this here, as it goes along with "what has just happened")

You could have simply appointed someone to delete all non-question posts, or, if you wouldn't have found someone to take care of that, simply ignore those posts and pick out the questions? (and I know that it got messy...)

8. The Dark Wizard

The Dark Wizard

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It was closed due to how bad it got, Ralle was in agreement with me, in closing ir down.

However this thread is not here to become another Q&A. Let us not derail the thread.

9. Stanakin

Stanakin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    You knew that would happen already, we all did.
    Starting that thread while knowing this would happen meant you knew you would close it down without giving us our answers. I can only conclude it was a farce to make you look reasonable while you never intended to answer any of the more difficult/sensitive questions at all.
    You have now pretty much destroyed this site and with it kicked the last life out of WC3 modding. This site has just lost another hundred of its resources.

Good bye.

10. The Dark Wizard

The Dark Wizard

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I apologize that you feel this way, however I did say that anyone who still wants their questions answered, could PM me and then I'd put it some where publicly and locked for all to see.

11. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    This isn't a solution, mate. Its called worsening things. That what you want to do?

So, sup, I'm Mecheon. Some of you might know me

What in the fuck has happened. Don't give me some non answer, tell me what is going on.

12. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Recent events

@Mecheon, first Rui got demoted, which didn't cause too much drama because a lot of people already thought he was abusing his powers, etc.
    But that wasn't the end of it apparently, later on he decided to delete some of his works, like "House of Rohan", which was a list of all the hive's staff, however Ralle disagreed and said that it belonged to him, so to stop Rui from deleting his other posts/threads, Ralle banned him and then changed the author of all of Rui's posts to Ralletester.
    Then anarchianbedlam got demoted for not listening to Ralle's warnings about him harassing users, etc.
    And shortly afterwards, a simple user like "The Dark Wizard" kicked DonDustin, another model mod from the chat, because Don was talking about his sudden demotion which was because of his "trolling". That was pretty much the start of the drama because apparently TDW had powers all along, but nobody knew that he was a mod and then he got the official position "Community Moderator" and Don has been asking ever since for some proof of his trolling.
    Then later on Ralle stated that he was going to do a lot of changes to Staff because he felt like they weren't ready for what he envisioned for the site and so a lot of people like myself, left Staff, seeing how he and TDW were just handing out bans without any warnings to people, either for talking about the demotions/bans or actually not thinking the same way as Ralle and having a different opinion.
    Ralle has hired a third-party mod, who is rather neutral, namely TDW, to look at the site and observe us mods and he is now helping Ralle rearrange the Staff.
    (I may have missed out a few parts, but I think I got the important stuff in)
    edit: Oh right a lot of people have also removed their resources, like Frankster (General Frank), Stanakin, etc. and have left the site. (-> protest, the site's not worthy of their resources, etc. See Red's (Red Shift) post here for a better explanation)
    edit 2: Oh and the Staff has kicked in "Zero Tolerance", meaning they will be very strict and you will get banned very easily. You either have to accept the coming changes or just leave the site.
    A lot of people are asking for proof of DonDustin's trolling, anarchian's bad behaviour, etc. however they haven't gotten that much info yet.
    edit 3: Some things I've forgotten to mention: (Credits to Arcisal)
    edit 4: One final thing, Ralle doesn't want a big community anymore, he wants a healthy community, so basically Quality>Quantity, he doesn't care that a lot of experienced modders, etc. are leaving, he's going to fulfill his work and no one can convince him otherwise.

Also welcome back Mecheon!

13. Arcisal

Arcisal

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Mecheon: Continuing VKael's post.

Bans were being thrown around casually. Posts were getting deleted. Much of the "respected" userbase of the Hive has more or less left it for dead and those who did have any resources took those along with them as well.

First there was the Moving Forward thread. That was a whole lot of batshit. Then Zero Tolerance was put in effect. Zero Tolerance essentially means any of the Hive staff can ban whoever whenever they want without warning if they deem a post disrespectful or detrimental to the site. A number of people have already been banned, namely Deolrin, OffGraphic, Phoonix, Linaze and whole bunch of others.

The people are mad. They're mad because someone whom Ralle refers to as "his trusted friend" comes in and destroys much of the community which Ralle himself wasn't even involved in.

EDIT: And they closed the RP section of the forums which they claimed was subject spam and inactivity. Guess what, The Dark Wizard (Out new Community Manager) closed it. Oh and you know what, he owns another site called RPdom which is an official Hive affiliate, another topic which got Joe-black banned from chat. Ironic huh considering how we had an active RP gong on there and he closes the forums and then links to his own site.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  14. Yixx

Yixx

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Finally some reasonable overview of recent events! I'm the guy who misses out on all this stuff always. Though, now I am curious for more detail :p

15. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Reminds me of natural selection. (No offense to anyone, it's just that all the people who do not comply by the site rules are leaving along with those who use this site as a social network.)

16. takakenji

takakenji

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    this is what happens when people take a forum too seriously

17. Tarrasque

Tarrasque

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    this is a site where users register to talk not only of warcraft. User are given the option to have friends lists, blocked user lists, pm, albums, etc. I think this is a social network and I see nothing wrong in it.

18. Asomath

Asomath

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Over a week ago, when everything was first starting, I made a PM and subsequent post in regards to this. Just to paraphrase:

You see, this really shouldn't have happened, one side should have been able to push their opinions advantagiously. It wasnt supposed to continue on so long creating fallout.

So, yes, I apologize that the general user experience is hurting right now. I'm sorry that resources are being taken down in protest and that the RP section has been closed. This really should have been a simple conflict.

Cheers,
    ~Asomath

19. fladdermasken

fladdermasken

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    People you struggled like shit to get on the good side of, and people you will probably start badmouthing when that ups your standing in the eyes of residuary users.

Opportunism is so damn awesome.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  20. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    If so many people are opposing the rules, then there is a problem

Well, I see there's a good ruddy mess any way you slice it and this one isn't nearly as clearcut as just my old standby of telling some people to shut up and stop being dumb. I'll have a word with some people