• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

what do You think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
well this is my first skin in "tha business" so please tell me what you think and how it can be improved :grin:

its not finished at this very moment but im onto it..

Attachments

• TuskarrBlack.jpg
    TuskarrBlack.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 137
  • SAntaPreview.jpg
    SAntaPreview.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Level 10
not bad, practice makes perfect.
also remember that skin is not merely shaded from light to dark. Midtones are very saturate with skin and there's a "warmth" factor that gives it life.. with skin on a human usually a red hint on/around the cheeks looks good. highlights are very subtle with colors like purple, red, and yellow hidden in the highlights.

Level 23
There is not much you can do about the hand, except from adding proper shading, but personally I would try to give him gloves instead, it would fit the santa idea you're aiming for and would fit the model better, since I guess the standard model has gloves on its skin, too.

But you really need an idea for those horns. Since I guess it's teamcolour part, you cannot alpha them out and I fear, even if you could you would get strange looking wholes in your model.

I suggest you to change it into part of his beard.
How to do that ?
I guess you should considerate taking a look at olofmoleman's tuskarr skin: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=90527

Apart from that it looks really nice for a first skin. Maybe some more folds on his clothes and a red nose, like he went through a could winter night, would look nice, too ;)

EDIT: Taking a second look, I suggest you to use some stronger black shading at some parts with opacity of 30 - 50 % for example at the buckles of the shoes and on the wooden stuff, and the plant at it!
Keep it up!

Level 7
thanks for the help and feedback everyone it's much appreciated :)
just realised that i have no clue on how to draw hands or braids :S update on it's way..

k after several tries to make something atleast looking like braids i realised i have sumthing new to practice on :S

Attachments

• TuskarrBlack.jpg
    TuskarrBlack.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Level 7
maybe u seen my hippgryph skin and maybe not but i still need some opinions on the wings.
the black/red feathers is just something i did by accident and wont keep xD but concentrate on the brown ones to the right :) are they too undefined, unrealistic or fine?
hippogryph3-1.jpg

appreciate any help

~WarHog~

Status
Not open for further replies.