• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ehhh i dont understand...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ehhh i dont understand... how can you get a skin to work... without a model? i dont get it... thats probuably why i dont like skins much... is cause i dont understand it!... im only using models for my maps... but... i think skins are useless... if those skins have a model on another site... give me those sites please... i really need them... i need some skins... specially this one skin... although it looks like the person is wearing a pokedoted dress... oh well lol i like it and it will work for my map... so please tell me them or tell me anything... at least... i hope you dont say there are no models for skins... actually say it anyways... at least i will know and stop thinking......... ugh my brain has fried becuase im putting in like 100 models in my... map... so much... remembering........

Level 13
If you read the FAQ, you would understand that skins are a 'wrap' for a model. Thats why whenever someone makes a skin, it wraps an icluded model. in other words, when someone makes a skin they are just modifying the blizzard-made skin to their liking. That's why you have to have the right path for skins, b/c the model includes the path that it has to look for to get the skin. Usually the path explains what model it's going over. So if you have a skin and the path is Textures\HeroDemonhunter.blp, than you can figure out yourself that the skin you are dealing with covers the model of a Demon Hunter.

Level 1
for me the skin doesnt show! I dont really get this damn ****. I have just edited a texutre from warcraft.mpq and how shall i then use it? I have made it to Blp and everything is ready... just that i dont know how to use it. Shall i take it back to warcraft 3 mpq or something?? Then how? I don understand a ****! :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.