• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What do you think the D3 CPU Specs will be like?

d3 will run on a...

• basic computer system

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • gaming computer only

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Do you think D3 will require one of those expensive Gaming computers? or do you think it will support us people with the average laptops and computers?

Level 4
Do you think D3 will require one of those expensive Gaming computers? or do you think it will support us people with the average laptops and computers?
Never tried D1 and D2, but when i saw the D3 trailers, i highly doubt that people with average comps will run it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Laptops are not for gaming. Even the most expensive 3000£ ones will struggle to beat a PC valued at 1500£ or less.

Anyway, on low you could probably get away with a low clocked dual core. Higher visual details will need more CPU due to more physics and thus probably a high clocked dual core or medium quad will run it fine on high. I can not imagine D3 using much more than that when SC2 does not and that is a much more demanding RTS.

Level 3
Laptops are not for gaming. Even the most expensive 3000£ ones will struggle to beat a PC valued at 1500£ or less.

Anyway, on low you could probably get away with a low clocked dual core. Higher visual details will need more CPU due to more physics and thus probably a high clocked dual core or medium quad will run it fine on high. I can not imagine D3 using much more than that when SC2 does not and that is a much more demanding RTS.

So in english? :confused:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
A decent modern laptop will run the game. Older laptops might struggle on low. Budget laptops (especially old) may have problems.

Any PC nowdays which has a proper graphic card (not top range but not a non gaming graphic card) will run it perfectly fine (might not be maxed).

The game should not be particually demanding. If you are able to run SC2 you should probably be able to run D3.

Level 3
A decent modern laptop will run the game. Older laptops might struggle on low. Budget laptops (especially old) may have problems.

Any PC nowdays which has a proper graphic card (not top range but not a non gaming graphic card) will run it perfectly fine (might not be maxed).

The game should not be particually demanding. If you are able to run SC2 you should probably be able to run D3.

For example when i play the game Team Fortress 2 on my laptop. I have to play in a window on medium graphics. Would that be able to play d3?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
No idea, as I have no clue how demanding team fortress 2 is. However you playing in a window should not make it any faster than just lowering the resolution.

If the low looks like what they have shown so far, I seriously doubt it. But logically they have not shown the game on minimum settings thus we can not really tell exactly what sort of game to compare it to.

Level 3
No idea, as I have no clue how demanding team fortress 2 is. However you playing in a window should not make it any faster than just lowering the resolution.

If the low looks like what they have shown so far, I seriously doubt it. But logically they have not shown the game on minimum settings thus we can not really tell exactly what sort of game to compare it to.

Window mode, actually helps ALOT. Idk why, but it does.

Lets just hope Blizzard is still supporting those who have non-gaming cpu's (unlike most companies)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Window mode, actually helps ALOT. Idk why, but it does.

Probably cause you are playing at a lower resolution.

Lets just hope Blizzard is still supporting those who have non-gaming cpu's (unlike most companies)
They will support any decent CPU and GPU from the recent past. Extreem budget or power efficent CPUs and GPUs will not be target at. You can never expect small laptops (notebooks?) or cheap laptops to run the game well/at all. However any PC (desktop) for 500$ new should be able to run the game in some form if brought now. Logically if your computer was cheap and old you can expect it to not run.

Level 34
Perhaps you're right, but I'm pretty sure my E8400 is going to run it quite well on a high setting without any clocking.

---------------------------------

As for the OP, I think you'll be fine on a laptop with low settings, probably even medium. Blizzard games are never demanding, and they specifically make games (or a really low setting) that can run on lower end computers.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It depends. Diablo 3 will use insane ammount of physics on high / ultra. Everything from pieces of gear to hair to torso parts of the stuff you kill will fly around the environment. Yes on low all that stuff is disabled so the processor needs will also be low but on high and ultra the effects will probably need a fair bit of processor time. The good news however is as physics can be threaded with high degrees of sucess, you will probably see the game taking advantage of dual or quad core CPUs meaning even ultra might not need a high clock quad to run. Sadly I doubt it will be able to use the graphic card for physics which ultimatly would be most efficent. The rest of the processing power will run anti cheat and validation tools to stop cheating and keeping the graphics being rendered consistantly.

If you can run Starcraft II at atleast medium you will almost definatly run diablo III unless major buffing is done to the graphics. For example if they were to introduce realistic lighting and vision you could see the requirements being high range dual or quad cores but that was already rulled out for that reason.

Level 34
I still disagree with you. I'm fairly certain that my duel core that can run Crysis on high settings (1680x1050, no AA), is going to run D3 on whatever it's highest is. I'm not terribly knowledgeable about specs and numbers, so maybe you know what your talking about, but experience tells me you're off base.

Level 11
Every "average" computer can run every single PC video game as long as their are graphics settings. Companies wouldn't waste spending hundreds of thousands if not millions (if not tens of millions) of $$$ making a game with the limited market of high-end PC's only. This is a business. They dont make games specifically for high end computers. Thats just stupid on their part. And like what is said above, you can get a good computer that can FOR SURE handle every game (on various graphics settings depending on the game) for 500-700 bucks.

It annoys me when people ask about specs. Such a senseless question.

Level 6
If you have ever watched one of those little clip things that they have on Blizzard.com/diablo3, then you will know that the CPU specs will be crazy. The graphics are insane. The amount of crap that Diablo 3 is doing at one time is more than a human brain can imagine, and then there is the fact that Diablo 3 was designed to be the best RPG of it's time. Thus it will be super over powering on the poor little CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.