• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What can i use in the original game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I already understand that in the editor you can't mix the new models with the old, but is their a way to get the new king of the elves Anasterian Sunstrider in a old map that uses old models? can i use a map that has any of the new models in it in original mode?

Level 14
Using either SD or HD assets in the respective opposite environment would require you to import them as a custom asset as far as I know. I have seen custom assets designed for classic graphics work in HD, but have not yet seen it work the other way around.

However, it is in the realm of possibility that you can import an HD asset as long as it is already compatible or made to be compatible (for example, HD uses a different lightning system).

edit: apparently you can force classic models in reforged by appending this to the model path:
war3.w3mod:buildings\orc\TaurenTotem\TaurenTotem

Status
Not open for further replies.