• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RoC model variations in Warcraft III Reforged - Classic Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I might be missing something, but they did get rid of the RoC unit model variations in Warcraft III Reforged as well? Thinking about the Steam Tank, Catapult, Ballista etc... Was replaying the campaign and noticed that the Steam Tank was using the new model. World editor doesn't seem to let me switch to the old models either...

So the old Steam Tank model in Reforged is called the WarWagon, the path is something like:

Units\Human\WarWagon\WarWagon, I think. A unit in the Human's Campaign section has the model I believe.

The neutral catapult and ballista also both still exist in Reforged with paths:

Units\neutral\ballista\ballista

and the same for the cata except with ballista replaced with catapult.

Hope this helps.

Level 7
Hi thank you, sadly using those paths still just seems to show the TFT versions of the models for me.

Edit; I decided to have a bit of a peek at the data files with cascview, and did find the old Steam Tank model, path is "units\human\WarWagon\WarWagonOld.mdl".

Will see if I can find the others.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.