• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cinematic Animations

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I've noticed and that I'm disappointed in with reforge whilst working on my campaigns is the distinct lack of Cinematic Animations for units that don't appear in cinematics in the original campaigns.

If it's possible I'd like Blizzard to add the cinematic animations to all units that share the same animation set. For example the Footman cinematic animations could be added to Thalorien Dawnseeker, Anasterian, Swordsman and the Blood Elf Lieutenant models (except for ones which require a shield for Thalorien and Anasterian). I hope this would be easy enough to do and would save map makers having to create them for all the models they wish to use in cinematics.

I guess some modeller could do it.

Didn't they include something for this sort of stuff, something new to the cinematic triggers or whatever?

So essentially you can add the cinematic tag to some models which makes them play a bunch of cinematic animations that can't be seen in the World Editor but can if you open the model up in a model editing software.

However only some models have them and others do not.

For example Death Knight Arthas has a bunch but Fallen King Arthas does not sadly even though they share all other anims :/

Another problem with adding them yourself is that you'd then need to import the new model with the extra animations which is annoying, so it would be nice if Blizz just added them.

I know but that's asking stuff. We don't even have custom campaigns yet...
Until the next yuga, you might find community solutions :\

That's true I'm itching for the custom campaign feature to be re-added but I noticed they changed campaign maps such as eternity's end based on the observations and feedback from this forum/community so I'm hoping they'll notice this :)

I've worked a lot with Reforged animations and I must say it's quite sad so many of them are missing. Personally I don't think they will ever add more, just because so many of them are bugged, unfinished or at least unpolished. We can at least hope they fix what's there to begin with.

For fun, try adding the cinematic tag to Medivh (human form), make it move to any position (set walking animation speed to 100 and movement speed to 100, remember to set the gameplay constant to a minimum at least of 100 for the movement speed). You'll notice the Cinematic Walk animation will play on it while moving, in human form. Now look when he is idle: it reverts back to a raven! That was a fun yet frustrating bug and is not the only one I encountered...

Status
Not open for further replies.