• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

What Books do you read? Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Or the what book are you reading lately? Thread.

With the current "stay indoors and you'll get the soup virus" pandemic, I got the feeling I had to re-browse this forum I had fun staying before. :grin:

Anyways, I'm almost done with the Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers by J. R. R. Tolkien, might start covering up with other book genres.

book mound.jpg

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I'd read them in their native languages to avoid the first filter but what can you do. At least it might seem a bit better with movies that you can watch with subtitles.

Yeah it ruins the experience slightly, as certain things and jokes only work in the original language.
Witcher comes to mind, the Swedish translation is Häxkarl which roughly means Witchman which is considerably less awesome than Witcher (very difficult to take seriously to be honest). Not sure what it is in Polish, but presumably better.
I have some sort of mental block when it comes to English literature for some reason, I cannot enjoy it.

Although I do watch (English) movies without subtitles so no clue what my problem is. It is what it is I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.