• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WH40K Concepts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
These are a few building concepts I am using for the Hive World missions in my Warhammer 40,000 campaign, Space Marine: Imperial Splendor. So naturally, I went for a futuristic gothic look.
These are not from any of the actual missions, but they have all been used in the actual missions and I've made quite a few others.
A couple for Administratum districts, industrial yards, and an Imperial Guard station.
Tell me what you guys think! Critics more than welcome to bash out your thoughts.

Attachments

• SS1.PNG
    SS1.PNG
    943.3 KB · Views: 456
  • SS2.PNG
    SS2.PNG
    847.2 KB · Views: 420
  • SS3.PNG
    SS3.PNG
    729 KB · Views: 364
  • SS4.PNG
    SS4.PNG
    826.8 KB · Views: 344
  • SS5.PNG
    SS5.PNG
    790 KB · Views: 376
  • SS6.PNG
    SS6.PNG
    900 KB · Views: 345
Level 4
Is it like normal view? Or first person view? Was wondering if you could go inside the buildings!?

+rep

It will have a third person camera that you will be able to turn on/off. There will be buildings you will be able to walk and fight through, those won't have roofs for the sake of being able to see inside.You'll be walking through a lot of towers and such as well.

Level 22
hmm, not bad. alot of attention to detail.
however, whenever i look at city-fight art for wh40k, i always see towering buildings, much taller than the ones u have there. its just a suggestion, but if possible, i recommend making future buildings alot taller.
i think itll make the player feel small, which is what they should feel in a wh40k universe :D
few ripped doodads, but thats fine.

Level 4
hmm, not bad. alot of attention to detail.
however, whenever i look at city-fight art for wh40k, i always see towering buildings, much taller than the ones u have there. its just a suggestion, but if possible, i recommend making future buildings alot taller.
i think itll make the player feel small, which is what they should feel in a wh40k universe :D
few ripped doodads, but thats fine.

Not to worry, there are some very tall and towering structures in the works.

Level 4
I will be making some worlds from my own head, but there will also be worlds that are directly from the 40K star map. There may or may not be a chapter based on Holy Terra as some sort of finale, but this will depend on how I complete the story as it is about 75% complete.

Level 11
It really doesn't feel very Warhammer like to me at all. Looks like a Wc3 city. Then again, to your credit, every Imperial City ive ever seen is completely destroyed, as seen in the game Dawn of War... so I don't really know what a non destroyed one looks like.

But if you plan on making a Warhammer 40k campaign, it needs to be more:

Dark
Gothic
Destroyed
Hopeless

Keep it up. =)

Level 4
These are only concepts, I do have versions of them destroyed as well. Not all of the missions will be taking place on war torn worlds, as I've decided to go with a Dark Angels successor chapter, so there will be a widespread of different types of missions. Not to worry glory seekers, there will be a hefty amount of epic battles and war torn worlds as well.
If anyone has suggestions as to how I can make my designs look more gothic than they already are, please share your thoughts. Adding a lot of statues of different type is one thing I've done, but what else?

Level 4
There are plenty of illustrations in the codex books and elsewhere, though I do admit it's not easy to find. Check out this video of leaked footage of the WH40K action/rpg - Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine.
I think they did really well on capturing the feel of the Imperium's architecture. And yes, this is some of my inspiration xD
YouTube - Warhammer 40k: Space Marine First Look

Level 4
Sorry guys, I've been busy with classes and things of the like so I haven't had a ton of extra time to work on this. I HAVE been slowly progressing on it though and it's not dead.
Will post some updated screens within the next day or so.

Level 4
Not another warhammer game. :(

Oh? Well considering WarCraft was copied from Warhammer, and will never ever be able to compare to Warhammer, and StarCraft was copied from Warhammer 40,000, then perhaps you should stop playing Blizzard's media bastard offsprings of the games you apparently dislike so much?

Level 5
Thats like saying the present day is copied from science fiction and LoTR was copied from medival times imo. There is a thing called inspiration that has been around for some years, i suggest you read up on it.

As for as the terraining: really good job for something playable, my only suggestion would be to tint the arches so that they blend better in with your walls and tiles

Edit: i almost forgot to rep ya, here you go +
reputation_0.5pos.gif

Level 4
Thats like saying the present day is copied from science fiction and LoTR was copied from medival times imo. There is a thing called inspiration that has been around for some years, i suggest you read up on it.

Under normal circumstances I would agree. But before Blizzard even began developing WarCraft they went to Games Workshop and tried to get them to give them the license to make Warhammer rather than WarCraft. Games Workshop looked at what they were trying to do, laughed, and said no.

Thanks for the rep :D
There are actually multiple shaded archways and things of the like. Update tomorrow.

Level 5
Hm, I didnt know that was the case. But i meant the arches above the doors, they seem to stick out abit from the general colour scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.