• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WEU: Can I rename existing variables/categories/quests?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
...without interfering with the rest of the triggers? I am asking this because I am editing a map from a Polish developer and all his names and vars are in Polish.

So can I change them without risking to break anything?

...without interfering with the rest of the triggers? I am asking this because I am editing a map from a Polish developer and all his names and vars are in Polish.

So can I change them without risking to break anything?

It should be fine. Changing variable names will automatically update the name of it in all the triggers, so nothing will break, assuming it is all in GUI. This will not automatically update JASS triggers or custom scripts. In those cases, you'll have to manually change them to match the new variable name. However, it shouldn't be too hard. Just find the instances of the old variable name, and change them to the new one.

However, I'm not sure why "WEU" is in the title. This is doable in the regular editor, not just WEU. Unless you are talking about something else.

Level 4
However, I'm not sure why "WEU" is in the title. This is doable in the regular editor, not just WEU. Unless you are talking about something else.
I got confused about the forums category descriptions! I was using WEU and wanted to avoid unneedless trouble.

Stupid question: Categories and triggers in the Trigger Editor can't be renamed?

Status
Not open for further replies.