• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Werewolf - Transylvania

Version 1.29.01
A werewolf is picked at random from the 8 players; 7 shall raise armies to thwart the werewolf, while the werewolf must hunt down the villagers.
Created by Jesse_James (AKA Wasted_Savior)
Edited by: Jesse_James, Antiseen(ud), Pwnage, Falanor

Villages
Villages get to choose between Hunting, Farming, Fishing, Merchant, Forging, Crafting or a combination to generate an income. It is the goal of the villager to raise an army to defeat the werewolf either during the day when he is weak or at night when he is strongest. Teamwork is suggested but not necessary for victory.

Werewolf
The werewolf plays much like the villager in that during the day he must hide from the other villagers while doing jobs to build his own army. During the night the werewolf transforms and is able to hunt the other villagers. The werewolf has no team mates, though he can play the rest of the villagers because of his anonymity.

Screen Shots

Screenshot-2016-06-13-15.18.42.png

Screenshot-2016-06-13-15.19.53.png

Screenshot-2016-06-13-15.22.49.png

wwt1.png

wwt2.png

wwt3.png

Changelog

Desync Issues
Latest version of the game is now playable again. Tests show that desyncs are not occurring as often as they did on 1.28 after latest Blizzard’s patch.

Role Preference
You will be able to set your role preference at the start of the game. You have 25 seconds to choose if you want to be werewolf or not before the game start. Keep in mind that if everyone chooses “NO” it will still be chosen randomly.

Easter Egg
Three strange wizards wandered into our map. They love to talk and make comments on different players.

List command
List command was removed.

You can find full list of changes in #change-log on our official Discord server.
Or on our forums here.

Authors Notes
If you have any bugs/errors/suggestions you'd like to submit or simply want to chat with people who like playing Werewolf Transylvania, please join our Discord Discord

Keywords:
Werewolf, Transylvania, Wolf, Survival, magic, simulation, Village, Farming, Hunting, Fishing
Contents

Werewolf - Transylvania (Map)

Reviews
Dr Super Good: This map is a newer version of an already existing map that was approved. The map author requested the other be removed because it was obsolete and was submited by another user (not him) and so could not update it.
Level 12
i found the howl, and death bell... and a found a HUGE, fucken bug, that messed completely with mah game. When i was technically being attacked by the werewolf, and i was the werewolf, i ordered my riflemen to attack the Werewolf, so people don't think: "hey, his units are not attacking the Werewolf... that means they are allies! Aha, so HE is the wolf!!" But when i did so, Werewolf unallied me, because of if someone attacks you, you automatically unally that person. Well, i attacked Werewolf units, they unallied me, and i lost control of the Werewolf.. so at night, i REALLY turn into a mindless beast. Please read this and fix that D:

Level 12
Nice ideas Gamecrafter, but I guarantee you that by the time I'll get to working on 1.19, I won't remember them. If you want to post suggestions, then copy/pasta what you just said to the werewolf forums in suggestions/discussion;

vof.smfforfree4.com

Thanks for your input,

~Gloom

Why when you're making the new map you just don't get over here?It is easier.. in my opinion.

Level 1
Nice ideas Gamecrafter, but I guarantee you that by the time I'll get to working on 1.19, I won't remember them. If you want to post suggestions, then copy/pasta what you just said to the werewolf forums in suggestions/discussion;

vof.smfforfree4.com

Thanks for your input,

~Gloom

haha nice to see you're already here Gloom, I just came to follow up their post at vof's forum.

i found the howl, and death bell... and a found a HUGE, fucken bug, that messed completely with mah game. When i was technically being attacked by the werewolf, and i was the werewolf, i ordered my riflemen to attack the Werewolf, so people don't think: "hey, his units are not attacking the Werewolf... that means they are allies! Aha, so HE is the wolf!!" But when i did so, Werewolf unallied me, because of if someone attacks you, you automatically unally that person. Well, i attacked Werewolf units, they unallied me, and i lost control of the Werewolf.. so at night, i REALLY turn into a mindless beast. Please read this and fix that D:

Thanks, this bug is documented, and it should be fixed in 1.19.

Level 1
The one he listed above, welcome, but please read up on the post to stop making useless posts!

If you read my post, you would see that I said that the bug listed above is already documented :p

I did read his post, and I addressed what he said in my first reply, so when he asked me to tell them about it, naturally I got confused since I had already responded to the only bug he posted.

Level 5
1.19 Update

Just an update to 1.19;

I'm going away to vacation in Cuba for 2 weeks starting tomorrow, and when I get back, I go straight to school pretty much. Once I get settled in a little to my daily routines, I can promise you a 1.19 to be released sometime by October 31st 2009 the latest, Halloween wouldn't be too bad of a release date anyway ;)

B2zeldafreak is coming up with a massive change list/log of all of your input, as well as input from the official forums. When I get to it and it's ready by hopefully mid-september, I will try and get to work on 1.19 immediately.

1.19 will fix most if not all current exploits/bug/issues in the game, some balance changes/tweaks (nothing major), as well as some new features (again, nothing major, just little things like maybe a new weather and some environmental stuff).

When I started on 1.18, I originally planned a new class and terrain expansions for 1.20, as well as major game play features like a bubble-style chat, wolves talking as humans, etc, etc. I have no comment on that yet, but major stuff like that you probably won't see in 1.19, so don't/stop suggest(ing) it on the forums :p

Oh and one more thing, the release date and working time of 1 month is actually very short for a full interval release (1.19 as opposed to 1.18b or something), the reason being, that if there aren't a lot of new gameplay elements and new content to have to test out, there doesn't need to be 20+ beta's like for 1.18. So I'm saving time by fixing issues as opposed to adding tonnes of new stuff.

Feel free to add your comments, but I won't see them until 2 weeks from now ;)

Take care,
~Gloom

Level 6
may you make some "chain qests" or thing that is linked by history?
its funny to travel araond the map loking for item and maby a boss in the end

Level 12
by the way, the music when it rains is GREAT... it is a great idea. You could make something like that to when it is: 1) A normal day 2) A Normal Night 3) Snowing Day 4) Snowing Night

or maybe just 1) Normal 2) Snowing, you decide.

Level 12
I know this is not the proper place for talking, but since you prolly won't answer if I put on there...
could you begin to work on Loap Aftermath again? I mean, the idea is great. Improve it? For example, turn Spencer into a GOOD hero, not a useless guy. At least, on lots and lots of RE's, Spencer is awesome. There are rumors he drank a perfect T-Virus version and became uber strong, uber fast, etc... that theory began with his fighting version on RE's 4.
but if you don't want to begin working on it again, or something like that, just upload the last version (the last version have 1mb, not 700 kbs) and make it anti-update (I tried to host it, but i couldn't, "game is not found".) Thanks for your comprehension.

Level 5
Lol Aftermath is a hacked/rigged copy of my old LoaP Res-Evi 7.8.

8.5F is better than Aftermath, and it's F for Final for a reason.

However, there was a major revamp of LoaP Res-Evil: Project Evil that me and Nerull worked on for awhile, it's amazing, but unfinished. If we ever get to it, then you may see it out.

P.S: What you're talking about with the "game not found", is because of the new patch(es), they introduced a filename length cut off, download 8.5F and shorten the filename before putting it into your Download folder.

Cheers,
~Gloom

Level 5
Just so you guys know, Werewolf 1.19 has been announced and the official release date for it will be around Halloween, most likely before (mid-August)

If you'd like to help beta test it, please check the forums and our clan: Clan Hive.

Next beta will be at 7pm on Tuesday, Sept 29th, 2009. (Eastern Time (-5:00GMT))

We'll be meeting in channel 'Clan Hive' if you want to come check it out and be part of the map.

~Gloom

Level 5
Just so you know, this is Beta2, we had beta 1 at 6pm this past Saturday. If you keep checking the forums after Tuesday, I'm sure you'll see a 5 or 6pm either this friday or Saturday.

I can't have anyone else host European as the beta needs to be Authorized upon map start.
~Gloom

Level 5
Thanks GC, I'd honestly love to, but I don't know anyone in the Clan who is from Europe, and on that specific time.. if you can get a group of your European Werewolf fans together, I would not mind at all to have a European-exclusive beta test on your times :)

Cheers mate,
~Gloom

Level 5
@ShadowDemonLord:

How is that double posting? :S

Also, GC, I don't think that would be necessary FOR the project, but if you just want to help test, then sure, you go ahead, I'll accommodate European testers if you find them, but I don't deem it necessary, so it's up to you. I guess I would post a thread just to see the general interest from Europe. I know WWT is popular there for some reason. I myself have a Russian background so I guess it just has the European feel to it lol.

~Gloom

Level 12
Hi again. Still waiting for the new version, and I couldn't join the betas. Goddamnit, there are so much good clans to join that I can't decide which for D:
(right now i'm at COM, Dark.Revenant's one.) Hive, Sirs... Though I'll try to be a good, honorary-unofficial-member.

Edit: New Image!
1. Tribute to your game! :D
2. Since my new nickname in US.East is Lone.Wolf ...
3. Testing if the changed worked, i'm not sure if it did.
Edit:
4. DIDN'T WORKED D: How do I make it work? D:
5. Testing again. The image is 25.9 kbs, and it is below 100x100, so it should work now.
Edit:
6. Somebody help me, it is not working Ç_Ç

Level 2
Nice game , but i have a suggestion. Wish it would help.
I have been trying to brew stuffs. The difficulty is so high because the herb merchants are always walking around. And sometime, disappear out of no where. It is also relatively difficult to base on the slope as the trees blocked the wall walling. Therefore, people who go for herb brewing resulted in running all around the map to buy herbs and return to collect crops for different combinations.
Also , do implement stats, damage and armor herbs.

Level 9
Your map is kick ass :D best game I played the last few month :wink:
I like all the professions, but could be quite more IMO. I want to suggest some professions, to make the game more interesting ... "(Armor-)Smith", he has to find rare metals with a pick-axe and can make armors in a smith out of them. :D
Brewing could be expanded to "Cook" or both, just that the cook can cook meals instead or brewing potions ... :xxd: The meals boots could boots stats or could also be used as heal-over-time items.
Now, another suggestion. :D
I have been trying to brew stuffs. The difficulty is so high because the herb merchants are always walking around. And sometime, disappear out of no where. It is also relatively difficult to base on the slope as the trees blocked the wall walling. Therefore, people who go for herb brewing resulted in running all around the map to buy herbs and return to collect crops for different combinations.
Also , do implement stats, damage and armor herbs.
As Morigan said, its very difficulty to brew. The herbs are not the problem, but the water! IMO
I would also say ... you have to dig for water! or you have to buy it. But you can build a well!!! oO So what about a cooldown spell which creates an item called Water! :D

Okay thats all. I hope that you have understood my problems. Maybe you will change or not, or improve it. I dunno. I hope I could help you.
You map is my fave map, and I care about the players reactions and mine. :D

RaidonGod

Level 1
Hey, I played this map alot, and find it great, but the problem is, since the maps started getting hosted by EastHive it hasn't allowed me to join, any reason for this?

Level 3
One of my favorite maps! Really great map to play with friends. The best thing about this map is that you decide the way you`ll play, there is no right or wrong way to play it. For example some maps I`ve seen maked you barricade yourself into a corner, unlike this map where you have lots of options. ...and yay it`s in Transylvania the place I live :D

Level 9
Well, well. Nice improvements. I like the abilities that you gave the dog. :)
But there is a lil' bug I've found out. If you exchange wood to gold or gold to wood, you lose gold/wood but don't getting wood/gold for it. :(
If you change this, the map is quite more fun. ;D
Love this map, freakin' funny. :)

Level 3
Here:
-Over planting xp glitch removed
-AoE HUD add for Scarecrow Ability
-In the pirate attack update [inhabited] is now spelled correctly
-In the wolf cave hint [Although] is now spelled correctly
-Replaced Good Harvest on the scarecrow with Crop Protection which actively effects crop growth (50% boosted growth)
-Colored growth indicator reflects the current weather on crops now
-Tooltip updated on 'Good Harvest'
-Removed spear spamming glitch
-Zero charge spear packs no longer give one extra throw
-Edited the text of +250 gold and +400 lumber blessings
-Spear Bundles now appear on the back of the villager
-Villager's melee can hit "wards"(animals) now
-Spear/sword combat system added: when the villager has spears he will use them on targets afar, and use a sword on near by hostiles.
-Rare beasts are no longer spell immune, except the Lucky Rabbit
-'Possess' used on unit higher then level 5 will result in failure and the message: "Wandering Spirit: Soul to powerful to be possessed!"
-'Fishing Pole in hand' ability removed from 'Fishing Pole' item
-Missed attacks with spears no longer counts as used charge as they could be recovered
-Fishing poles only appear in hand while fishing
-Spears can now be used on all units; all hitting throws count toward 'Spear Shot'
-Fish now only reeled in from the water not from cliff above you or trees
-Removed the second period from the message: 'Villager: Not even a nibble.'
-Reeling in time for a failed catch is now 2 seconds no longer 3 seconds
-Reeling in time for a catch is now 4.5 seconds instead of 3, no more double fishing
-An animal killed by your dog the floating text "Bark!" will appear over it's head.
-'Anti Stupidity' added to stop people from pick up tomes with non hero units if you do try you will get the message: "Tomes are picked up with your villager."
-North well shift right along with its region 'Well'
-New werewolfs should be able to win now
-Animals that get stuck get kill after 30 seconds (like if it spawns in a bunch of trees)
-Werewolf Icon on the quest tab updated
-Axe-Men now have inventories
-Bear traps completely redone
-Trade menu redone for improved ease of use
-One type of Hunting spear now sold in packs of 3 and 15
-Brewing now only consumes one charge at a time
-Fixed villager's return resource tooltip
-Haunted corpse can no longer be zomobified
-Espionage icon changed
-Archers effectively gained an extra 100 range with Composite Bows now (400 instead of 300)
-Fishing boats can no longer use items
-All buffs are lost when an Owl eater item is turned in
-Max level black gun powder effectively grants a bonus 100 range now. (300 instead of 200 total)
-Mana regeneration bonuses for Arcane Adept Training and Tenant Apprentice Training Techs reduced to .30 from .32
-Shifted the Critical Strike icon on the elite foot man one slot to the left
-Spell placement on all magical units have be shifted.
-Zombies can no longer infect mechanical units
-Spear bundles cap out at 45
-Fishing Net redone: AoE and two stage effect
-Ivory Tower swapped with Enchanted Oak Trees
-Hunters can no longer use items
-Only Villagers, Adolescent Males, Dogs, and Hunters will get a pelt when they kill an animal
-Movements Speeds are now capped at 1 and 500 (was 150 and 400)
-Removed the second period from the failed tracking message
-Hint typo fix
-Quests updated
-Greeting message changed a bit
-Dogs can now eat corpses and track
-Hunter no longer have shadowmeld
-Hunters now have hide and track
-Wells don't heal until completed
-Hidden Eye effect and tooltips changed
-Now spear 3 bundle max stock of 4 and 15 bundle max stock 2
-Fishing nets now have one charge and 7 minute stock delay and cost 65 gold stacks up to two
-Dynamite carriers no longer explode
-Dynamite can be disarmed, right-click it when your next to it, Villagers and Adolescent Males only.
-Dynamite damage system reworked
-Bear traps now have 7 minute stock delay
-Villager names removed
-Changed Grape Vine item tooltip to clear up some confusion
-No more night murlocs
-The bonus 7 spear damage is applied to base damage now

The new version with the trade menu fix and a other adjusts should be out within the week.

Last edited:
Level 9
hmmm ... I rather have to say. NICE! :D
finally bugfixed version! I've seen the change log. You removed the night murlocs, good choice. :D
I will test and report, then.
+rep for this nice project. ;D

EDIT:
Well well, you have fixed up the trade menu. No murlocs fucked me up and the green ubersplats on the minimap which were created because of them are aswell fixed. :D
I like the idea with the sword. But my question is, does it give any bonus on attack? :D
I know that you can attack animals without spears or loss of them, but does it have some neat effects beside of this?

Last edited:
Level 3
Here:
-Fishing Nets can hit wards or animals now
-Sword added to back
-Sword is manually drawn
-Using spears at a melee range results in heavy missing
-Using spears on structures no longer counters towards spear shot unlock
-Trade menu fixed and changed to a non interrupt spell
-Call dog moved into villager's skills command card
-Compressed images lowered file size about 800kb

As of now the sword has a lower dps then a spear throw.

No not really, have anything in mind?

Level 7
1.20 had lots of bugs.All i found are:you can hunt whithout spears,to throw spears you must let the animal atack you and dont click it because you will hit the animal without the spear,trade menu doesnt work.

Level 2
I think you sould put the changelog in the map information instead of in the comments. Anywaysz, great map! =) 4/5

Bugged

I find the map Enjoyable but I found a bug where I try to put more trees to grow , not only that the more cost of tree the less % of future gold you bounty is not ok (cheep give less % of what u gave to it) but also when u put more than 6 trees not only that the tree item lost , it also drain a gold from ur player for doing "illigal move"