• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Wepons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
If it is what darkrider says then it goes like this:
  • Give Weps
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit acquires an item
  • Conditions
    • (Item-Type Of(Item Being Manipulated)) Equal to (Your Item)
  • Actions
    • Special Effect - Create a Special Effect attached to the ( place where you want the weapon) using (The model of your weapon!)
This is the trigger being place where you want the weapon being the point of the unit you want it, for example if you want it in right hand just input:"hand,right" and thats it good luck

Last edited:
lol, asking for rep. Your gonna get banned in no time :)

Now then, just use the "Orb of Fire" item ability, work out what graphic is the orb itself, then change that to the weapon you want added to whatever part of the body it goes to (hand,right;hand,left;chest;origin;head;overhead;weapon) and customize the other stuff you want there. Then just add the ability to an item, pick up that item and you'll see it should work.

Level 9
You dont even need the triggers, use a + attack damage or armor item skill then change the value to 0, in the attackment add the sword model and add hand,right or hand,left onto the "target attachment point". When your unit has the item it will automatically appear on the unit's hand. You don't need to trigger cus it leaks, well at least the one that Luthion show you will.
My advice is to advoid using triggers when anythign you want to happen can be done without one.

Level 19
Orb items have no triggers but they display an orb in weapon
you make it display a sword model in left hand instead of orb on weapon
They are called attachments
look for an attachment tutorial

Level 7
Sorry for asking for rep ill never do it again!! by the way did it work?
I think this fixes the leak
  • Give Weps
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit acquires an item
  • Conditions
    • (Item-Type Of(Item Being Manipulated)) Equal to (Your Item)
  • Actions
    • Special Effect - Create a Special Effect attached to the ( place where you want the weapon) using (The model of your weapon!)
    • Set (A variable you make up) = (Last Created Special Effect)
Then when you want to remove the weapon just do:
  • Special Effect - Destroy (The variable you made up)
Dont forget to make a variable of type Special Effect, and if what NoobMapmaker said works just do it since it will be easier and one less trigger for you, anyways sorry for not being able to help you alot xD

Level 9
Help

I read all you posted but i can't make it work ...
I want to make a sword invoke spell ... i have 3 different models of swords fire, water and emerald .
The first 3 spells of the hero add attributes fire attribute = strength , ice attribute = intelligence , emerald attribute =agility.
The ultimate spell should do the following :
When you write " -se " summons the emerald sword (i want to appear in to caracter's right hand) adds defence bonus and lifesteal ability
When you write " -sf " summons the fire sword (i want to appear in to caracter's right hand) adds attack bonus and burn ability
When you write " -si " summons the wather sword (i want to appear in to caracter's right hand) adds attack bonus and frostbite ability

Do you think that you can help me pls ?

If these swords are items, then make the items and create a new ability based on Item Dmg +1, change the dmg to 0, and add the sword to the attachmet of the Art-Caster, and choose as an Art-Caster Attachment Point: right hand.
Then do these triggers:
  • Learing the Ultimate Spell
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Ultimate Spell
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn on Emelard Sword <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on Fire Sword <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on Water Sword <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
  • Emelard Sword
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -se as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Item - Create Emerald Sword at (Position of (Random unit from (Units owned by (Triggering player) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))))
      • Hero - Give (Last created item) to (Random unit from (Units owned by (Triggering player) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True)))
  • Fire Sword
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -sf as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Item - Create Fire Sword at (Position of (Random unit from (Units owned by (Triggering player) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))))
      • Hero - Give (Last created item) to (Random unit from (Units owned by (Triggering player) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True)))
  • Water Sword
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -si as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Item - Create Wather Sword at (Position of (Random unit from (Units owned by (Triggering player) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))))
the last 3 triggers, must not be initially on.

Btw, this will only if: only player red can have that hero, he ha only one hero.
If you want it to work for more pople or heroes tell me:
Is it possible for more then one ANY player can have this type of hero?
Are players going to have more the one ANY types of heroes?

Level 7
I curse all trigger suggestioners here

Indeed. Lol.

MistAssass said:
I read all you posted but i can't make it work ...
I want to make a sword invoke spell ... i have 3 different models of swords fire, water and emerald .
The first 3 spells of the hero add attributes fire attribute = strength , ice attribute = intelligence , emerald attribute =agility.
The ultimate spell should do the following :
When you write " -se " summons the emerald sword (i want to appear in to caracter's right hand) adds defence bonus and lifesteal ability
When you write " -sf " summons the fire sword (i want to appear in to caracter's right hand) adds attack bonus and burn ability
When you write " -si " summons the wather sword (i want to appear in to caracter's right hand) adds attack bonus and frostbite ability

Do you think that you can help me pls ?

It's not too simple but it's not hard either.

Before you start writing the triggers, create dummy abilities using copies of original item abilities from WC3. The reason to do so is that most item abilities' icons are hidden, so when they were added into the casting hero no icons would be shown.

I guess you should make the chat messages entered will only be accepted when the hero with this ability is selected.

The event : when player entered a chat message.
The condition : If the message entered = -se/sf/si
If the level of of THIS ABILITY for selected unit is greater than 0/equal to 1.

Then add those pre-made dummy abilities into your hero. And remove other dummy abilities that were added into the hero before.

About the weapons attachments, you should set the attachment point of a dummy ability to Hand, Right (Add each one separately) if you want that sword to be shown in that hero's right hand.

I hope you may understand what I meant. Good luck. =)

Level 7
What I meant is,

if there will only be a hero using this ability in the map, there would not be a problem for the system.

If there are multiple players' heroes using this ability, it is better to select the hero you control with this ability before you entering the command message.

Level 9
look its only one hero and only one player manipulating him ... but i didn't understand all u sayed i made the 3 dummies
i made this till now
Call Fire
Events:
Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -sf as An exact match
Conditions:
(Level of Call Sword for (Casting unit)) Equal to 1
Actions:
-nothing-

What shell i do next ?

Level 7
You must make abilities that would be added to the hero when Fire Sword is summoned.

The abilities that would be added is not visible, so it would be called as Dummy abilities.

The actions should be :

- Add all dummy abilities to the hero. (Like Fire Orb splash damage, Cleave... ie)
- Remove all dummy abilities that aren't belong to Fire Sword.

Level 9
I tried both methods ...
Dark Hunter1357 i make it but the trigger that is like : "Hero - Give (Last created item) to (Random unit from (Units owned by (Triggering player) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True)))" i can't do it like he tell me to do ... and from there on the swords are not created ...
Lucianus i'm not a pro you need to tell me like a noob ! step by step
ty

You go to: Hero - Give item.
After that you choose for an item last created item.
For a unit, choose: Random Unit from unit group.
After that, for a unit group choose: Unit owned by player maching condition
And after that, choose Bloolean Comprasion, and instead of triggering unit it must be a maching unit.
After that, instead of A structure it must be A hero
And you press ok,ok,ok,ok...

Was i clear ?

Status
Not open for further replies.