• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Well, I just finished the last part of the campaign...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
We might indeed need a skilled skinner and modeler

Hi Greyarchon, now that you mentioned custom models, in a matter of fact we might actually need some skilled people to do some models and skins. However, the skins and the models need to be of high quality to be accepted in the next chapter. BTW, I made the custom skins for the second chapter, and I think a real artist could do much better than me (I am mostly limited to recoloring and adding some Photoshop effects).

If you are able to do new models, that could be quite helpful for us. One problem that we have had is that we can't have several custom skinned units that are based on the same unit. Take for example Thorp Blackpaw, which is based on the Gnoll Overseer, which also appears in the scenario. You can't change the skin for Thorp, because it would also change for the Gnoll Overseer.

Just for starters, we could use a new model for Thorp Blackpaw. He is also likely to appear in Chapter 4. You can use Gnoll Overseer model as a basis and change the skin (or the model if you can) so that it looks more royal. Use your imagination, perhaps he is wearing some sort of a crown and other symbols of kingship. Make the model sufficiently different from Gnoll Overseer, so that Thorp is easy to spot on the battlefield.

You can send the model to me (use the address [email protected]) or Tommi ([email protected]). We will give you feedback on the model, so that you are able to improve it until it satisfies us all.

Many thanks for your interest to make models for the Dwarf Campaign.

Best regards,

Janne

Level 23
Re: We might indeed need a skilled skinner and modeler

Janne said:
Hi Greyarchon, now that you mentioned custom models, in a matter of fact we might actually need some skilled people to do some models and skins. However, the skins and the models need to be of high quality to be accepted in the next chapter. BTW, I made the custom skins for the second chapter, and I think a real artist could do much better than me (I am mostly limited to recoloring and adding some Photoshop effects).

If you are able to do new models, that could be quite helpful for us. One problem that we have had is that we can't have several custom skinned units that are based on the same unit. Take for example Thorp Blackpaw, which is based on the Gnoll Overseer, which also appears in the scenario. You can't change the skin for Thorp, because it would also change for the Gnoll Overseer.

Just for starters, we could use a new model for Thorp Blackpaw. He is also likely to appear in Chapter 4. You can use Gnoll Overseer model as a basis and change the skin (or the model if you can) so that it looks more royal. Use your imagination, perhaps he is wearing some sort of a crown and other symbols of kingship. Make the model sufficiently different from Gnoll Overseer, so that Thorp is easy to spot on the battlefield.

You can send the model to me (use the address [email protected]) or Tommi ([email protected]). We will give you feedback on the model, so that you are able to improve it until it satisfies us all.

Many thanks for your interest to make models for the Dwarf Campaign.

Best regards,

Janne

Using more than one skin for the same model is a piece of cake! I can do that in a snap.

Oh, here is a Dwarven Paladin I made. Feel free to use it.

http://www.wc3sear.ch/?p=Models&ID=1208

Ssoo.. a new model for Thorp Blackpaw. I'll get right on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.