• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Welcome to Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Hello everybody,as few in this world know,Blizzard didnt made Warcraft 3 RoC the first,there were some Beta versions that were released from 1999 since the very release of Warcraft 3.

The first version of Warcraft 3 was called:Warcraft 3 Alpha 1 and it had a great concept but didnt satisfied Blizzard's taste.I was made in 1999

It had very few optimizations,units were unnamed and some didnt had portraits settled,but in my personal view,I consider that the models were revolutionary.But that remains for you to decide

I apologise but there aer alot of pics,so I packed them and attached them.
Enjoy the view and may it shine your vision of Warcraft!
View attachment Warcraft 3 Beta Alpha 1.rar

October 2000,there was another attempt to create a Warcraft 3,this one was closed in the coming months.It didnt had a straight name so I named it ''The Start'',few pics I found with this game and I hope that you will enjoy these aswell.

View attachment Warcraft 3 The Start.rar

The next year,Warcraft Alpha 2 appeared,the model issue was corrected and many gameplay issues aswell,heroes were added and a lot of things that didnt appeared in the official.Alpha 2 added a large number of heroes and terrain was slowly optimized.These pics are from Alpha 2,hope that they will saturate your thirst for Warcraft.

View attachment Warcraft 3 Alpha 2.rar

One year after the big release,the final version came,Pre Beta came to light and it seems to have a lot of WoW icons and things that were futurely seen in Frozen Throne,not to mention models.For my personal oppinion,I think it was the best version,but AI was not designed for this one,it is said that it was meant for B.net only.Here are a couple of screens

View attachment Warcraft 3 Pre Beta.rar

Now after the intro part is finished,I would like to give some personal views about these unrealeased versions of Warcraft.It seems that many good models were lost under the decision of the testers.It wasnt settled if they even had sound.

But regarding resources,many of them who we see today in WoW or in TFT were actually made in 1999 and put to ''sleep'' until used again.

Personally I really love Pre Beta,because of its originality and I consider it even better that the released version.

Anyway,I will upload some videos about gameplay and here are the ones that I found.

And after this session is finished,I would like to tell you that there was in 1997 a PS1 Warcraft :Dark Saga

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofRC612Ek-w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAbrhIbo_qQ&feature=related

Well,I would apreciate if you have been enlightened with these pics and info!

Level 7
This is great , amazing , awesome , outstanding . Alpha and Alpha 2 are the best from my opinion only UI is bad in some parts .

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Don't double-post. =P

I viewed the videos, they are a bit big but they are OK. To think that heroes were to be summoned at mains >.< xD

Well the graphics were good, they could have kept the original models, but I think units with the same attack speed would be just too imbalanced and boring.

Level 7
The old units look more choppy to me, but I think it would be fun give it a go, but really nothings better than the one you first played, i.e. the one we have now I reckon are best, though some of those buildings were cool like the Night Elf ones.

Level 24
gfyahcpdys.jpg

gnguxocndu.jpg

ifmzwwrmhf.jpg

vwrfcghzpm.jpg

ijqarqoyiz.jpg

Well,check out these tilesets and models

I think,better yet,I believe that if we have these tilesets,models and many more,our mapping would improve to 100%.

And have you ever heard of Starcraft Beta?

Level 23
Yea and you know... For the Warcraft 3 beta test there were 1000 selected randomly to test the beta-version if they had signed up for it.

That was 6 years ago. But then the game ofcourse spread on internet via torrents and other stuff. But now? I spent my time yesterday searching for a valid link having the
"Warcraft_III_beta.ISO" file... No-one has it anymore. We could hope that this guy still haves it. He is active on youtube so I guess he should respond.
Otherwise the game seems to have gone missing. It's not even sure Blizzard has it anymore. But I guess they must have xO

Level 23
Perhaps not, but what are the chance of fnding something if we dont try?

At least we could ask him for information... Yea If he respond...

Edit: And yea Ive searcher all over internet for a while without finding anything left of the beta... Everything is broken :/

Level 23
How about that guy on youtube? Has he responded yet.

Im pretty sure he doesn't have it anymore. I mean, its been more than 5 years since he posted those videos. And the game could have just disappeared for him during this time...

Level 23
http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=90601
Archian said:
I recently got possession of these models and thought I'd release them for the community, all in one single pack.
There are 11 "new" models, 1 icon for the Shadow Hunter, 1 .mp3 sound for the Orc Lumbermills' sound set and 1 .mp3 sound for the Theive's Guilds' sound set included within the "pack".

The model and texture files are from Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne BETA.
These models didn't make it into the retail version of Warcraft III.

Credit Blizzard Entertainment for the models and textures.

The models are:
Human Battleship BETA
Human Transportship BETA
Human Destroyer BETA
Theives Guild BETA
Shadow Hunter BETA
Spirit of Vengence BETA
Chaos Murloc BETA
Pandaren Brewmaster BETA
Orc War Forge BETA
Orc Lumbermill BETA
Obsidian Statue/Avenger
Marketplace BETA
Other

NOTE: The image preview haven't been updated.

The paths for each model are in the "README" .txt documents within the .rar archive.

attachment.php

But well, it was posted several months ago, so I guess you might already know about them
Otherwise its great :p

Attachments

• Warcraft III TFT Beta Models.rar
    1.7 MB · Views: 93
Level 23
"The old Necropolis with the green pool. This is an edited version of the one in Cookie's Beta Pack that doesn't require any extra models to get the summon effect to look right. Created by Blizzard Entertainment."
mod_necronage.jpg

"The old Obsidian Statue/Black Sphinx from TFT beta. You could always just cannibalize this for the skin, though.... Created by Blizzard Entertainment." (dont know if this one existed in Archians pack.)

Path: units\undead\ObsidianStatue
BTNblacksphinx.jpg

mod_obsidiansphinx.jpg

Anyway, here they are... We probably should create an archive for all betamodels we find, but till then...

And no I didnt find the dreadlord yet. Keeping on searching:p

Attachments

• Necronage+sphinx.zip
    304.8 KB · Views: 88
Level 7
the Necronage is posted on hive I have seen him :wink: but I have found ago a Blacksmith model from beta or alpha and I have recognize him when I watch a video :) If I will find him I will post the link here .

Status
Not open for further replies.