• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Weird snapping rotation animation in 3dsmax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
tesyt-gif.263472

See? I only made 3 key frame; start[frame10], mid (rotate a bit)[frame30], end (same like start)[frame50]. But the result give me that weird animation. I remember found the fix somewhere in here long time ago...

Level 15
Whaaa?

Where's the image, and more impotently, where's the model?
I already posted a gif. Here is more screenshit:
Explaination: 1. starting animation, everything is normal. 2. I didnt set any key there but the leg move up abit, in weird way. 3. I set a key there.... So, shouldt that animation move smoothly to (3) without moving up like (2)? And you see that bone_root is moving up then down. And from frame 30 to 50, it works normally.
2017-03-24 20_58_02-Greenshot.jpg 2017-03-24 20_58_15-Greenshot.jpg 2017-03-24 20_58_19-Greenshot.jpg

I cant really explain what going on there. AFAIK i doing right. Bone controller is TCB, i set it as default.. Model on attachment, and the texture if you need it.
lol "more impotently"

edit:
ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

New example. Rendered directly from 3dsmax. this gif start from frame 20 to 40. I set a key on frame 20, and copy it on frame 40. I should be stay still, but it moved like in that gif
edit: I tried to copy those 3 keys on frame 100, it it run normally. -_- I guess those keys I made are just bugged, it works normally if i copy it to other frame
edit: WTF. I tried to delete those bugged keys. It made my normal keys that i copy bugged. I guess i need to keep those bugged keys to make other keys normal. Thats mean extra junk on my model ---> file size increased ---> doesnt pass Hive standard ---> rejected
it turns out that those bug only appear on between 1st and 2nd frames, somethimes 3rd

Attachments

• juir.mdx
    43.2 KB · Views: 27
  • juriaamini.blp
    91.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Level 29
It's really unclear what the problem actually is, mostly because you are not explaining how the animation is supposed to look. If you mean the fast snapping, it is because of the hermite interpolation. It is true that your keyframe values are the same, which logically means there is no animation, however your tangents do have values, so you do in fact still run an animation in between your keyframes.
You can flatten the tangents, but at this point it becomes linear interpolation with unnecessary calculations, so you can just change it to linear to begin with.

On an unrelated issue - your texture reference is wrong.

/Edit
Fixed the texture name, and now I see the mesh is all messed up, it looks scary! Bad weights I guess.

Last edited:
Level 15
Thanks for take a look. I actually have no idea to explain it, even with my native language... I can cover that problem now by adding 2 dummy key. And oh right, I havent change that texture, sorry about that.
Fixed the texture name, and now I see the mesh is all messed up, it looks scary! Bad weights I guess.
It looks normal on Magos Model editor. Well, i havent remove the 0 weights. or because i used a lot of random numbers on weight table...
edit: checked in-game. Its not that scary :p (i thought it looks REALLY SCARY). I'll try to figure that out...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.