• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Weird issues with texture, model partially invisible or corrupted from afar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hi, I encountered weird problem that i never had before. Specificly, i took warglaives of azzinoth low poly model from hive and edited wc3 ingame texture it used, to be read so it matches evil illidan's glaives colour scheme. After saving TGA to blp in blp lab and importing it i noticed that for some weird reason when ingame camera is zoomed out with command in the map, model gets all weidly corrupted, parts of the blade disappear and are replaces by some bugged out texture parts. It only happens with this model for some reason, also it has bugged shading, one side behaves like it's inside and is dark and other one is propely shaded. I couldnt find anything on it, maybe because issue is a bit specific.
To reduce size i made mipmap count smaller and it got corrupted from even normal melee game camera position, is there anyway to make it stay fully textured and propely shaded at all times like all other models?
PS: I turned it back to default amount of mipmaps. Also i added pictures of what i exacly mean, you can see holes in model on 1st screenshot, 2nd one is in default camera height with it displaying propely, third one to clearly show what is wrong with the shading. How to fix it?

Attachments

• bugged lod.jpg
    bugged lod.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 80
  • nonbuggedlod.jpg
    nonbuggedlod.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 69
  • bugged shading glaive.jpg
    bugged shading glaive.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
To reduce size i made mipmap count smaller and it got corrupted from even normal melee game camera position, is there anyway to make it stay fully textured and propely shaded at all times like all other models?
You cannot reduce mipmap number in BLP files. They either have to have no mipmaps, or all mipmaps. BLP Lab should not even offer you that option since it only knows all mipmaped.

Models textures require mipmapped textures, hence textures have to have all mipmap levels and the hasMipmaps flag set. The reason for your corruption is due to missing mipmap levels. TGA textures do not need mipmaps (generated on texture load automatically) but they do not compress well.

How to fix it?
Generate the texture with a full set of mipmaps. Or use Imperial BLP.

Last edited:
Level 14
Thanks, i just came around to fix it together with other texture glitching out(maiev), it's very good :v tho i get load fails often so i still need to use it together with blp lap but texture wegith after is amazing and no more of this weird glitches :) i need to spread more rep before reppign you again

Level 14
Get load fails with what?

All BLP files produced by Imperial BLP should work. If not then give an example.
They do work but when i try to save it to bmp or png it failed 1st time with bmp but worked with png and at other time didnt work with both, it made it also black and white, but saving that stuff to png with BLP lab and then converting it to blp worked just fine. It did it from those broken textures pretty much fixing them and making them feather light :v

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
They do work but when i try to save it to bmp or png it failed 1st time with bmp but worked with png and at other time didnt work with both, it made it also black and white, but saving that stuff to png with BLP lab and then converting it to blp worked just fine. It did it from those broken textures pretty much fixing them and making them feather light :v
The tool has problems converting from indexed colour content BLP to other formats currently. The black and white image is the index map.

Status
Not open for further replies.