• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Weird Dvd problem my father got on his pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
the other day my dad was on his pc buring DVDs and suddenly after he put in a new blank dvd his pc told him that it was 0 Bytes big and had 0 bytes free space remaining... and i think that this is weird...
and now he is blaming me? even tho i have my own pc and dont use his...
so he want me to fix it...

any advince would be helpful cause i dont like ppl yelling at me :)

Level 9
I had it once, only with a DVD disc when I try to put it in but eventually shows nothing with 0 bytes both free and used space. Have you tried burning it yet?

Consider these following options:
1. Does the disc support what it can be read on the drive?
2. Is it damaged or has it been used with nothing added?
3. Try it on both computers and determine if they are both like that.
4. Verify it is a blank disk.

I don't think it is your fault, there is no way. How can it be your fault if you did nothing to it, and it makes no sense to totally point it back to you.

Level 9
well alchohol %120 also thinks its full...
i have like 50 of these dvds and ive put images on them before...
but now its all of them...
atm i cant test if it does this on my pc...
and yes the disk is blank
That is rather funny, and thanks for the reply. I can take on further analysis and questioning. Okay there is also one question I would like to ask:

Is it a DVD-RW disc or some other type of DVD disc, maybe you need to be specific on what DVD type it is. Its strange how this happens, but I'm not so sure now...

Level 9
Just give him a new one and say ''I fixed it'' then go buy another one to replace the fake.
Lol. You can get single discs for 80 cents in computer store for a DVD disc. I wonder what's such a big fuss when its just one DVD disc. Have you tried other DVD blanks draknyte1 and see if they weren't both 0 used and free space?

Level 9
A new what? Computer? DvD-Drive?

and i think they are Dvd-r just of the top of my head but i guess that ill check...
I meant a new blank DVD disk, I mentioned 80 cents ;). Hopefully it works soon though, I'll be waiting for your reply :) .

Level 9
well i not going to town for a while :( but these disks do work on others pcs...
so maybe his cd drive?

and thnx for teh rep too :)
No problem, but by the way hows the disc going though. Did it get solved, or was their another solution; good luck with your aim too ;) .

Level 9
the disks are dvd-r...
Man, that's tough... I have had that cause, however never thought how to solve it. Could another blank disk be used instead, it usually works for me (otherwise that disc is faulty). Check if it also works with another blank disc first.

Level 9
i can put like normal cds and stuff in and they work fine...
Then probably the current disk is rigged; you should probably use the new one, not much to this answer. Could be either the disk has a couple of conflictual problems or that it has been burnt or damaged as such.

Moving onto a new disc would be fine, move onto the future and don't blame yourself; you'll be fine ;) .

Level 9
some pcs dont like them... others do... so some read and write others dont...
Its probably got to do with the disk drive capabilities; probably a documentation could explain what it can write or read (for example, mine can read and write CD's but can't read or write Blu-Ray discs). Probably its because of that.

Level 9
so my drive changed capabilities by itself?
cause it could R+W but now cant do ether...
and telling me its 0 bytes big doesnt count as reading...
That's funny, could you erase the disc. If its a DVD-RW, probably erase the disc and then see what happens. Its funny how it just does that :S .

Status
Not open for further replies.