• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Weekly Terrain on the hive

Weekly Terrain on the hive?

• yes

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • no

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I think the hive should have something like the Weekly Terrain on Wc3c since the Weekly Terrain on wc3c seems to be dying despite attempts to revive it by ghenjis(not trying to be pessimistic or anything, I just think people will lose interest and stop posting terrains). I think it would do good if the hive were to do a Weekly Terrain because the hive seems to have more active members than wc3c.

What do you think?

Last edited:
Level 9
Well, if the Hive started doing a WT it would probally draw away some efforts that might go into the Wc3C one. The two sites are friendly to my knowledge and I'd hate to see some sort of competition or the likes started by something like this. I'm not for or against having a WT on the Hive, I just don't know what the results would be.

Level 34
Well, if the Hive started doing a WT it would probally draw away some efforts that might go into the Wc3C one. The two sites are friendly to my knowledge and I'd hate to see some sort of competition or the likes started by something like this. I'm not for or against having a WT on the Hive, I just don't know what the results would be.
qft. I would not partake of it here on the Hive.

Level 9
I'd also like to add that I think it would be somewhat redundant to have a "shared/mirror WT" or something along those lines. One problem with this site I think is that the terraining contest is a big unorganized and some people might not even know it exists. If the Hive started up something like a monthly terraining contest and maybe put up a sub-forum here in the terrain forum instead of a 90 page thread like the one in the arena people might be more willing to join.

Also, something like Void's "Inspiration" thread might not be a bad idea especially with a more active crowd provided he changed the rules a little bit to accomodate so that the first to respond would choose the next theme (if you started working on something and someone posted before you, you could always just post your work after for display, nothing wrong with that).

Level 15
hmm, it seems i didn't think this through as much as I should have.

You're right Dung, maybe an inspiration thread would be better, so as to not draw people away from the WT on wc3c. Thanks for clarifying some issues that might arise that I had forgotten to think about.

Level 36

The WC3C one is dead. There hasn't been a post in it for several months (I think since october...)
Edit: Just checked, it's back up! :D

You're right Dung, maybe an inspiration thread would be better, so as to not draw people away from the WT on wc3c. Thanks for clarifying some issues that might arise that I had forgotten to think about.

But that actually WOULD draw people away from the one at WC3C that I started :p

Level 7
The weekly terrain is on its first week. Give it some time. As DungeonM said it'd be redundant to have a mirrored one. I think it will be better if people just used the one on Wc3c, since there will be more activity if there is one.

I think the best idea would be to have a subforum on this terrain board that will redirect the clicker to Wc3c's weekly terraining board.

Status
Not open for further replies.