• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Weapon - Show/Unshow if get/drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello Hive-Users,

How can i make that i unshow a Weapon like a Torch (not really a weapon^^) i can show/unshow it for 1 hero, but how can i do that for more heros?

i used

Specialeffect - Create a Specialeffekt attached to the [ hand left ] hero manipulatet item using custom path.

if i do that
if a hero lose a item
item = MY TORCH
destroy lst createt special effect

it works perfect for 1 hero, but if play more than it wont work right, can anyone help?

Level 8
you don't need to use triggers at all for this.

make a custom ability based on sphere (bloodmage unit ability)
change the art - effect to the torch and the attachment name to "hand, right"
give that ability to the torch item.

that should fix it. let me know if you have any problems with this.

Level 6
Abilitys that can help: Sphere (blood mage), Sphere (Avatar of vengeance), Immolation (0 dmg). Pick what suits you and get benefited alike. Now if you want trigger, you can make a Special effect array and for every unit that aquires the item u want, set to True or False if it loses it. Then every .15 seconds you can check and move the effect on the unit that has the item and disable it to the unit that hasnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.