• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Weapon Changing Works, But Is There Better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
So today I sat down and forced myself to work on the Galaxy Editor for several hours in an attempt to learn it. Using extensive trial-and-error, I managed to make a small system that allows my Marine to change his main weapon to the Punisher Grenade Launcher, and back to the Gauss Rifle. As small a feat as this is, I am very proud of myself :grin:

The only way I found how to do such a system was to use a morph ability, but I was wondering if there was another way to do it. Does anyone know? I would post my working map, but it doesn't look like the attachment type is allowed yet.

EDIT : Uploaded it as a zip.

Last edited:
Level 3
Since you have been working with weapons, have you seen the strafe option yet?
I believe it allows your units to attack while moving.

So today I sat down and forced myself to work on the Galaxy Editor for several hours in an attempt to learn it. Using extensive trial-and-error, I managed to make a small system that allows my Marine to change his main weapon to the Punisher Grenade Launcher, and back to the Gauss Rifle. As small a feat as this is, I am very proud of myself :grin:

The only way I found how to do such a system was to use a morph ability, but I was wondering if there was another way to do it. Does anyone know? I would post my working map, but it doesn't look like the attachment type is allowed yet.

EDIT : Uploaded it as a zip.

Interesting, although not that much in your zip file

Level 3
I have noticed a few options that seem like they could point at it, and yes I think the word strafe did pop up somewhere. If I see them, I'll point em out.

I was asking if you found it... I have already.

you just double click the weapon and change it from "Legacy" to "Strafe"

Level 6
Here, I guess my other zip file didn't upload correctly.
This version has the Marines capable of switching to their Gauss Rifle, Grenade Launcher, Sniper Rifle, and Flamethrower. Some enemies to test it out on.

Question about the weapon strafe: is there a way to make the Marine shoot while moving, but not force him to run around? I just want him to able to shoot at targets while he runs, but not necessarily be forced to run and shoot.

EDIT: I discovered how to give the Marines the ability to move and shoot, but they refuse to do it. They seem to shoot only one time, then never again, anyone know what might be the cause?

EDIT2: Found the problem, had to change Arc to allow the Marine to shoot at things that weren't directly in front of him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.