• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WE vs JNGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
I have one question about those 2 "programs", for some trivial, for some dumb but well

I'm doing things in GUI/JASS and have no knowledge about vJASS and i find it hard to learn something as there is next to nothing anywhere(the most knowledge about vJASS i've found is on vexorians jasshelper 0.A.0.0)
My question is:
Is spells made in vJASS any faster in execution then vanilla JASS spells(hope you know what i mean.)?
I was thinking of installing JNGP but if the spells are not any better then in vanilla JASS then it may be useless as the ultimate goal for me is to make things the fastest posibble not the most readable things.
PLS HELP.
THX FOR RESPONSES

Level 6
Is spells made in vJASS any faster in execution then vanilla JASS spells(hope you know what i mean.)?
vJass converts the new syntax into "vanilla JASS". So no, I don't think there's faster execution with writing in vJass. But, the development time is much faster and it's rarely the functions that are causing the bottlenecks. The most times a scripts run slow is because of design and bad coding. You should always try to use code you understand and can easily read because it eliminates errors and saves a lot time :)

Level 23
Thx for answering the question, i knew it transforms into vanilla JASS from the jasshelper.
So I have one another question, would you suggest me getting JNGP?(I think i know the answer :D)
PS: I never said my code is slow :D I just wanted to know if vJASS's code is any faster :D
Also if you could suggest any vJASS syntax(i mean the struct, method etc) tutorials for newbies i would really appreciate it.

Level 6
So I have one another question, would you suggest me getting JNGP?(I think i know the answer :D)
Yeah, mainly because it's more up-to-date than WEU.

I never said my code is slow :D I just wanted to know if vJASS's code is any faster :D
Sorry my bad, must have misunderstood your post.

Also if you could suggest any vJASS syntax(i mean the struct, method etc) tutorials for newbies i would really appreciate it.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/jass-ai-scripts-tutorials-280/introduction-struct-207381/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/jass-ai-scripts-tutorials-280/vjass-oop-lesson-128236/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/jass-ai-scripts-tutorials-280/structs-dummies-197435/

Three different tutorials to choose from, feel free to ask me anything and I'll try to answer as many questions as I can :)

Last edited:
Level 23
I have another question :D(maybe Im starting to tire you)
I made veeeery basic spell, i saved the map tested it but it opens in not full screen mode and it is quite laggy. Is it OK?
edit: found out that the game itself doesnt lagg(I assume as i had 60-65 fps) but my mouse is bit laggy.

Level 6
I have another question :D(maybe Im starting to tire you)
I made veeeery basic spell, i saved the map tested it but it opens in not full screen mode and it is quite laggy. Is it OK?
edit: found out that the game itself doesnt lagg(I assume as i had 60-65 fps) but my mouse is bit laggy.
Uncheck "Start War3 with -window" under Griomoire menu tab :)

But you can't do an easy test map. D:

JNGP.
Oh yes it is awsome you can enable no limits and all that other stuff the sad thing is you can't easy test map. but you can save the map in a folder in warcraft and not quit JNGP
and start warcraft 3 it takes a little longer but it is worth it.

You should be able to test map just fine. Just make sure your anti-virus isn't enabled afaik.

Please explain what you mean by this? I need to organise my Object Editor better :xxd:

Oops nevermind I don't think it sorts it. I guess I thought it did. :X But regardless JNGP is still worth it.

Level 23
THX for tips and all, I have yet another(someone might do *sigh* now :D ) problem
when i pre-placed 5 footmans for player 2(blue) and 1 paladin for player 1(red)(me) but when i save the map, test it the colors are switched so i have blue paladin and all footmans are red :D
Any solutions or is it normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.