• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WE changes that should be implemented. (Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Basically, this thread is for the intelligent discussion of any changes that need to be made to the World Editor in future patches. This includes bug fixes that are needed, new events, conditions, actions, better interface, object editor changes, etc that would make the WE better, more acessible, or more flexible. Hopefully, we can use this thread as an archive so someone can send this information to Blizzard and make our ideas a reality. If this thread is very useful (or potentially very useful) I request a sticky for it. Here's my thoughts:
-Terrain Editor:
1. A higher tile point limit so we can implement more varied terrain in our maps.
2. The removal of the base terrain exclusive conditions on certain types of tiles (the red boxes).
-Object Editor:
1. Increase the base speed cap for units so they can move as fast as some of the faster missiles used for spells.
2. More spells (don't have to be used in game but are there for variety).
-Trigger Editor:
1. Unit takes damaged/is damaged event needs to be added to generic/player owned unit events. (Only in specific unit as of now.)
2. The addition of "unit has ability" condition. (Remove the need to use the indirect method mentioned in Daelin's spell tutorial.)
3. The addition of damaging unit and damaged unit to various unit conditions. (If not there already.)
4. The addition of set damage functions to all math based actions. (Allow for a system that makes it possible for certain creatures to be resistant or weak to certain types of spells such as fire spells.)

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I agree with many of those. Some changes that I would like to see in the Spell Editor is that we had a way of creating our own spells without using triggers. Like a 25% chance to deal 50% of the damage to nearby enemies, etc. It's kind of annoying that we have to stick with the normal spells instead of creating them via triggers.

I know this has a 1% chance or less to become true, but I have some ideas:

-Give Mana Decay to Death and Decay, so that a new spell type which is not used is possible.
-Allow unit missiles/ability missiles, etc on Lightning effects on Chain Lightning, Finger of Death, etc.
-Allow Attribute on Real comparisons.

I'll make this a sticky if that is what you want.

-Rui

Level 7
I can't see the purpose with discussing it here, Blizzard will never see it.

If you want to have those changes in new patches, better post them at the battle.net forums, then there is a (small, but higher than here) chance that they'll see it and make the changes.

Level 7
Yeah I like the idea of not always needing to trigger every little thing. They should have a skill similar to Channel that has say 10 drop down boxes to add in fields from other spells(mana gain/loss, chance to miss, speed boosts/nerfs).
Other things:

-Trigger Editor Changes-

1) Action Change - Unit comes withing <Range>// should be for any unit not just preplaced units
2) Action Change - Units life becomes less than// again for any unit
3) Action Change - Fix the leaks caused by using actions that use positions
4) New Condition - Unit is invulnerable
5) New Condition - For picking units, gets the closest unit from a point matching all other conditions
6) New Action - Hide ability icon(Very useful for multiple passive effects)
7) New Action - Hide Buff Icon(Very useful for adding bonus effects to passive auras)
8) Action Change - Allow for shorter Waits(less than 0.1)
9) Action Change - Allow for adding abilities to units that normally can't be added(Locust)
10) New Conditon - Check for number of Doodads/Destructibles withing <Range>

-General Editor Changes-

1) Allow for more doodads and destructibles on the map
2) Allow for buffs to have a field that distinguises between them(I mean this in the sense that if you have two buffs based off of Bloodlust they would cancel the older one, I want to be able to assign them a special value so that they will stack, this is really only useful for triggers)
3) Allow access to all those hidden models/icons
4) Let spells be different types of cast(instant no target, AOE target, Single target cast)
5) Allow use to change the AOE targetting circle that appears when using a spell like Earthquake
6) Allow heroes to have more Hero Skills(5 isn't enough)

Thats all I can really think of right now but there are tons more that should be put into a big list. If this really wants to get noticed it should be compiled and put into the B.net forums as well as emailed(multiple times to show we are serious) to Blizzard and the Devs who work on the b.net forums.

Level 10
actually you can do most of it in jass or gui. just takes a little time thats all.

1. A higher tile point limit so we can implement more varied terrain in our maps.

that would mean a longer preview picture because the title was originally made in scale with it.

2. The removal of the base terrain exclusive conditions on certain types of tiles (the red boxes).

the unbuildable terrains were made so that you can better implement your map and terrain.

-Object Editor:
1. Increase the base speed cap for units so they can move as fast as some of the faster missiles used for spells.

that is already possible.

2. More spells (don't have to be used in game but are there for variety).

i dont see any need to. there is more than enough.

-Trigger Editor:
1. Unit takes damaged/is damaged event needs to be added to generic/player owned unit events. (Only in specific unit as of now.)

cant you just use jass?

2. The addition of "unit has ability" condition. (Remove the need to use the indirect method mentioned in Daelin's spell tutorial.)

just use "level of ability for unit". if it is 0, means it doesnt have the ability.

3. The addition of damaging unit and damaged unit to various unit conditions. (If not there already.)

same as above.

4. The addition of set damage functions to all math based actions. (Allow for a system that makes it possible for certain creatures to be resistant or weak to certain types of spells such as fire spells.)

you can actually do that, but it might take quite alot of triggers.

Level 7
I say we should be able to create a game cache for player X (for online maps) and save a game cache for player X. This will allow for much better maps. For example, RPGs can store much more data to the cache for hero saving. It also might be possible to make online campaigns in some way.

Level 25
Animation setting values in creating doodads and destructables

I'm sick of having to make every single Guard Tower and Castle a building just because the doodads will play through ALL of the stand animations

Also, Team colour settings for doodads made from buildings

Level 10
Mecheon said:
Animation setting values in creating doodads and destructables

I'm sick of having to make every single Guard Tower and Castle a building just because the doodads will play through ALL of the stand animations

Also, Team colour settings for doodads made from buildings

yea i totally agree. worse is when you use a unit as a doodad. well, thats just an example. dont mind me.

Level 9
Make the game cache max high enough to be unoticed, or prehaps non-existant.

Add some condition functions like:

Hero - Hero carries X amount of identicle items. (So you dont have to blow through 50 triggers to make a recipe that requires two items)

Unit - Set movement type (So you can make a ground unit flying, would be useful for spells)

A wait faster than .1.

A trigger that nullifies varaibles. (Some people dont like using custom script to nullify varaibles, it would be nice to have a trigger that does it.)

A trigger that destroys varaibles. (Same as above, except destroy them, just like the custom script function)

Animation - Unit fly height: Set unit fly height to 0 - With x movement type at rate.
(I would love this :p)

For condition do action (This would be an event or something. Every time the condition becomes true it runs, so you dont need periodic triggers as much.)

Special effect - Create a special effect at point with size (This would create a special effect, with a certain size so you dont need to make a dummy)

The unit/doodad/destructible limit is annoying. Should be increased.

Units should be able to have attack speeds of .01 and actualy attack every .01 seconds.

Thats all i can think of, but it would help lots. Of course, tragicaly, blizzard will never consider anything in this thread.

Level 10
Modeler said:
Hero - Hero carries X amount of identicle items. (So you dont have to blow through 50 triggers to make a recipe that requires two items)

blizzard did not have this intention when creating wc3 in the first place.

Unit - Set movement type (So you can make a ground unit flying, would be useful for spells)

isnt that possible already?

A wait faster than .1.

can do that in jass

A trigger that nullifies varaibles. (Some people dont like using custom script to nullify varaibles, it would be nice to have a trigger that does it.)

already made.

A trigger that destroys varaibles. (Same as above, except destroy them, just like the custom script function)

also already done.

Animation - Unit fly height: Set unit fly height to 0 - With x movement type at rate.
(I would love this :p)

come again?

For condition do action (This would be an event or something. Every time the condition becomes true it runs, so you dont need periodic triggers as much.)

yes thats a good point, but is there really much difference?

The unit/doodad/destructible limit is annoying. Should be increased.

whats next? you asking a higher limit to the size of maps?

Units should be able to have attack speeds of .01 and actualy attack every .01 seconds.

it is actually because of animation backswing(or something like that)
quote]

Level 7
Qwerty we are talking about general additions that include GUI functions. If you are just gonna tell everyone to use JASS get the hell out, thats not what this thread is about. Also about the movement speed stop being silly, look in the game constants, it says MAXIMUM IS 522. So stop posting crap that is not what this thread is about.

Level 10
you CAN raise movement speed over 522. just hold onto Shift and click on what you want to edit. it lets you go over the limit. and it also lets you key in negative values.

Status
Not open for further replies.