• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] WE can't open my map anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I had to buy a new PC. I reinstalled Wc3 and updated everything to the latest version, which I used before. If I want to open my map, I get an error massage, saying, that the trigger function "BLZGetUnitAbilityCooldownRemaining" is missing in the databank. Repairing with the blizzard launcher doesn't solve my problem.

Does anyone know, how to fix this?

Level 3
I'm confused.
If I start the game with the Launcher App, then I play Wc3 on the newest version. If I start the game by the FrozenThrone.exe, then I play the game on version 1.07!

I uninstalled the the entire game and downloaded the client for Reign of Chaos from battlenet. But instead of installing the game, it just started at the newest version of TfT without instalation. Everything is still there. All maps. I can even log into Battlenet. If I insert my Reign of Chaos CD, I have to install the game.

edit: I installed the game from the CD on my "D" harddrive, but the battlenet updater puts it on "C". Thats why, I have two instances of the game.

I uninstalled everything and reinstaled the game with the battlenet client. That solved my Problem.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
The CDs are kind of not supported anymore. They do not fit in with the new content delivery method very well and might not even recognize the game as installed. They do not even save internet bandwidth as updating to 1.30.4 and later will likely require downloading everything anyway.

For anyone else running into this issue, do not install from your CDs and instead install directly from the online installer. Start by uninstalling all instances of Warcraft III and then only install using the online installer. When Reforged is launched only install using the BattleNet 2.0 application.

Status
Not open for further replies.