• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

WE - abilities - "Text - Order String - Use/Turn On"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

It has been 3 hours I am trying to make triggered orders, with some temporary abilities I give to the units.

And I have the feeling that when I change the value of "Text - Order String - Use/Turn On" in the editor, Warcraft III just doesn't care, and keep the original value, so if I issue an order it doesn't work...

Is it the case ?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
That only works for the Channel ability and a few other abilities that let you change the String in the Data fields. 99% of the abilities can't be changed. But with future updates to come I imagine you will be able to do this.

That only works for the Channel ability and a few other abilities that let you change the String in the Data fields. 99% of the abilities can't be changed. But with future updates to come I imagine you will be able to do this.

Is there a documentation somewhere that gives all those little traps Blizzard set up for us ? So I avoid loosing 3 hours each time please ? ^^

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
I'm sure there is but I'm not aware of any. I suppose searching for "World Editor Basics" or something on here would be your best bet, many people have created tutorials. Also, if you have any questions now I can try to help answer them.

Level 39
That only works for the Channel ability and a few other abilities that let you change the String in the Data fields.
Actually the order strings section doesn't even work for Channel--AFAIK they don't work for any ability. Its actually the field Data - Base Order ID that can be changed and has an effect for those few abilities. (Charge Gold & Lumber is another one I believe.)

I'm sure there is but I'm not aware of any. I suppose searching for "World Editor Basics" or something on here would be your best bet, many people have created tutorials. Also, if you have any questions now I can try to help answer them.

I tried some keyword searchs ("world editor", "known issues", "no effect", "not working", "list", "disfunctionning", ...) but couldn't find revelant results. Only 2 lists of known bugs for 1.29 and 1.30 versions, but they don't deal with this string id field^^

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Oh, were you referring to the new natives?
  • Ability - Set Ability: (Unit: (Triggering unit)'s Ability with Ability Code: (Ability being cast))'s String Level Field: Base Order ID ('spb5') of Level: 0 to thunderclap
I thought you just meant you needed information about the World Editor in general. Yeah, there's not much information on the new stuff yet, I assume most people are waiting for Blizzard to sort it all out.

Things like Casting Time, Cooldown, Cast Range, and Mana Cost seem to work, but when you try to do something very specific like "Set the number of Owls for Sentinel to X" it doesn't work. Anyway, if the trigger doesn't work after like 5 minutes of testing just give up and assume it simply doesn't work yet. Also, remember that the indices start at 0 now.

Last edited:
Oh, were you referring to the new natives?
  • Ability - Set Ability: (Unit: (Triggering unit)'s Ability with Ability Code: (Ability being cast))'s String Level Field: Base Order ID ('spb5') of Level: 0 to thunderclap
I thought you just meant you needed information about the World Editor in general. Yeah, there's not much information on the new stuff yet, I assume most people are waiting for Blizzard to sort it all out.

Things like Casting Time, Cooldown, Cast Range, and Mana Cost seem to work, but when you try to do something very specific like "Set the number of Owls for Sentinel to X" it doesn't work. Anyway, if the trigger doesn't work after like 5 minutes of testing just give up and assume it simply doesn't work yet. Also, remember that the indices start at 0 now.

Such things are not really "new" anymore, since they have been here for a few W3 versions already no ? ^^

Okay thanks about your advice "if after 5min of tests it doesn't work, it is probably a not-working feature of War3 in cause" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.