• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Using multiple Berserk abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I tried using multiple Berserk abilities on one unit.

It didn't work in spite of changing the order string for each ability.
The ability stacks and they seem to still use the same Order ID.

Is this a common problem or am I doing something wrong?

I'm looking for a solution to use -INSTANT- cast abilities that does not replace orders... -channel is therefor not an option-.

Thank you in advance :)

Level 8
The idea is to use several instant abilities that does NOT replace orders, and therefor also have no cast time. - and all for ONE unit.

So far berserk is the only ability I know that does exactly that.

I'm interested in knowing any ideas on how this is achieved.
As for -Channel-, it always has a "cast" and will replace orders in spite of settings.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Changing order ID does nothing on non Channel spells.

Option 1
Use dummy units and dummy spells with buff granting spells like Bloodlust.
For faster execution don't create dummy units just order them to cast the spell. This means placing dummies on the map with ready spells

Option 2
Use berserk once and when cast - remove it from the unit then add it again. This will reset it's cooldown as well.

Level 12
The idea is to use several instant abilities that does NOT replace orders, and therefor also have no cast time. - and all for ONE unit.

So far berserk is the only ability I know that does exactly that.

There's the toggle abilities: immolation, mana shield, defend, magic defend, etc. (if you don't want toggle just issue order undefend in the trigger)

Roar, Battle Roar (they might share same order string) and, I think, howl of terror don't interupt orders but have casting time. You could set the cast backswing and point to 0 and they should work similar to berserk.

Windwalk and Avatar also does not interrupt order, you'd either set the duration really low or remove the buff. (You might be using the buff from berserk for something but windwalk or avatar have to be removed to not have side effects)

Status
Not open for further replies.