• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

wc3sear is still visited !?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I checked wc3sear a few days ago, there were about 100 guys ONLINE, and I took a look into the new files "uploaded" there, new maps, models etc. Wasn't there an announcment ?

Got confused:eekani:

Hello visitor of wc3sear.ch. This site has exceeded it's quota and Darky is not here to help us. Therefore we are working on importing the resources on to another website which will be the new home of wc3sear.ch.
We hope that you will meet us in the new website here at The Hive Workshop.com
You can still view the resources of wc3sear.ch at Maps and from there you can press the other links.

I would suggest to make this point more clear.

Chaos

Level 32
Metamorphosis

The golden age of this wonderful Warcraft III modding site has long passed and the site is now greatly dysfunctional: some features are still available although the forums are closed for posting and no new resources may be physically uploaded. Users may still browse the existing resources, comment upon them or upload links to resources that are hosted elsewhere.

The demise of the site is well documented as are reasons for it's unfortunate down-spin: just carefully read between the lines to fully understand them.

All the forums and user profiles were imported to The Hive Workshop to insure that the community will continue to thrive in an environment that is well maintained and moderated. The resource import is ongoing and will be fully complete in time.

Many members migrated to THW and continue to to provide important input and content. Some users have gone inactive or joined other sites. Everyone is welcome here: our site is stronger thanks to Darky and the community he established, the example he set and the lessons he taught to all of us.

Level 14
The golden age of this wonderful Warcraft III modding site has long passed and the site is now greatly dysfunctional: some features are still available although the forums are closed for posting and no new resources may be physically uploaded. Users may still browse the existing resources, comment upon them or upload links to resources that are hosted elsewhere.

The demise of the site is well documented as are reasons for it's unfortunate down-spin: just carefully read between the lines to fully understand them.

All the forums and user profiles were imported to The Hive Workshop to insure that the community will continue to thrive in an environment that is well maintained and moderated. The resource import is ongoing and will be fully complete in time.

Many members migrated to THW and continue to to provide important input and content. Some users have gone inactive or joined other sites. Everyone is welcome here: our site is stronger thanks to Darky and the community he established, the example he set and the lessons he taught to all of us.

how long did it take you to type that?

Level 36
I only go there if i'm looking for certain resources and can't find them here first. The place needs to die, permanently. Those that still go there are the ones who are helping the thing along, and prolonging its death. It needs to die, the site has long ago been abandoned and it needs to be shut down permanently so that people will finally come here or move along elsewhere.

There are also many people who don't know about the transfer. For example, I contacted mucfuc2002 (who did many models) and he said he didn't even know that this site exists. Maybe these people access wc3sear.ch via forum or other sections instead of home. :bored:

Yes, is kinda weird that dying site has more visitors than this :confused:

And even worse, people are still registering there. :eek:

Last edited:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
We can easily post a message in all sections of the site, informing about the move. Then the users can push a button called "Proceed to the Site" to acess the downloads.

Yeah, most people including me, logged in directly to the forums, but later I had began to log into the Home to read the news, that's how I knew about The Hive. You should at least post the link to THW there as well. I had also noticed the lack of people here.

Level 8
As I suggested, we need to make the point more clear about the transfer.

Hello visitor of wc3sear.ch. This site has exceeded it's quota and Darky is not here to help us. Therefore we are working on importing the resources on to another website which will be the new home of wc3sear.ch.
We hope that you will meet us in the new website here at The Hive Workshop.com
You can still view the resources of wc3sear.ch at Maps and from there you can press the other links.

Whoever can change the preview message, do it !?!

Chaos

Level 27
im just REALY pissed that thehive doesnt support WoW icons and shit (i dont rly care about the models!) because WoW icons look so much war3-like and are the best spell icons i've ever used .. just the war3 style .. and now when they trash wc3c they trash also those icons? :( ...

Level 32
Wow Icons Available

To the best of my knowledge all of the "official" WoW icons (those submitted by Blizzard Entertainment) are supported by THW and are available for download.

Examples:

The reasons that prohibit WoW models do not necessarily apply to the icon resources (although those icons pertaining to units or buildings may be in violation of some other rules.)

Icons extracted form WoW and submitted by users [highlight]WILL NOT[/code] be accepted under any circumstances.

Finding the desired icons is just far easier over there: our categories and search features are not nearly as powerful as Darky's scripts (yet.)

Let the downloading commence!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.