• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wc3Browser 0.5 (updated)

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Wc3Browser allows one to browse the poorly implemented, unfiltered, serverlist in Warcraft 3. This tool gives you the ability to filter servers to find interesting games. This version have only been tested on TFT but it probably works on original too. Please note that you have to view the custom-games screen in Wc3 (before tabbing out) for Wc3Browser to find any games.

To run this, you'll need:
.NET Framework 2 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en
Latest WinPcap (4.0.2) http://www.winpcap.org/install/default.htm

Changelog
---------------------------------------
Wc3Browser Release 0.5
Copyright © E.Sandberg (Risc), 2007-2008
This program is freeware.

Release 0.5
-Complete rewrite of the old source
-Icons make it to see if it's a RoC or TFT-map
-Map filename enumeration
-Choose to filter either map or game title
-Filter auto-complete

Release 0.22
-Added a "Reverse Filter" option which will exclude
all matches found in the filter instead of including them.

Release 0.21
-Fixed filter not updating timestamp correctly.

Release 0.2
-Added sound when filter-list updates.
-Added timestamp for servers.
-New icon.

Release 0.1
-Initial release

Keywords:
server,filter,server filter,custom game,list,wc3browser
Contents

Wc3Browser 0.5 (updated) (Binary)

Reviews
» Wolverabid « Date: 18th of January, 2008 Approval status: Approved Rating: (8) Awesome! Main points: [x] This tool performs well as described by the author.

M

» Wolverabid «

Date: 18th of January, 2008
Approval status: Approved
Rating: (8) Awesome!

Main points:

[x] This tool performs well as described by the author.

Level 6
Wow... Badass... Now I have an idea that YOU NEED TO implement into it and this tool will become a god send, a filter function, but it works the opposite way. Lets say I type in "dota" it will show all games WITHOUT "dota" in the game name. Excellent job and even better if you do the extra I suggested. >.>

Level 6
The Zipped Folder it corrupt or something, my computer WILL NOT open it and says it is corrupt.. I scanned it, and it said it was fine. Please fix!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Should there not be an option to filter by map name as well as game name? As sometimes people do not say what map it is in game name, or atleast an extra field to inform you what map is being used for that game name. In wc3 you can see at top right of screen, yet I do not see such a thing on this.

If it had that, this would become a great tool to allow you to easily find what you want to play.

Level 5
You might have notice that some servers have multiple questionmarks in their names "????". This is because Wc3 uses a different encoding apart from the browser. This is a minor bug and will be fixed ASAP.

//Risc

Level 2
This doesn't work for me either and I already installed WinPcap from the link. I unzipped and then ran the program and it just locks up, although I do hear a sound which I believe mean it is finding games or something. However I can not click on anything and the program stops responding other than the noise. Before I open the program I have wc3 opened to the custom game list which I believe it says to do. So if anyone could give me some help on getting this to work it would be greatly appreciated.

Level 5
Sorry for being inactive and not answering comments/questions.

Adonis - My earlier post about WinPcap download isn't required if you have Wc3Banlist is obsolete. You'll need a fairly new version of WinPcap (4.0.5 if I remember correctly). Download the latest version to be sure. If I my memory serves me right I built this in VS2008 so you'll need the .Net Framework Runtime version 3.5 (or 2.0 if it was built in VS2005) :S

Dr Super Good - It is not possible to extract map-information at the moment since it's encrypted in some way. I have overlooked this and decided not to support it in version 0.X (maybe in future versions)

pkw - No, it wasn't designed and/or intended to work that way.

Level 2
Everytime I select a Internet Connection, It starts Lagging and it wont response,

Help plz, I REALLY need this! :sad:

Level 7
could you add that you can copy the gn? So i can click on it and copied it., Then i go to war3 and enter it. It is faster. Or maybe even that you only have to click on a game and then wc autoatically joins this game!?

Level 5
could you add that you can copy the gn? So i can click on it and copied it., Then i go to war3 and enter it. It is faster. Or maybe even that you only have to click on a game and then wc autoatically joins this game!?

Err... it already copies the gamename to the clipboard... anyway, download the new version instead.

Btw why can't you edit your own resource? It would have been a lot easier then having to create an entierly new one.
EDIT: Lol, I actually couldn't find the Update-link on the top of the page earilier... Must have been blind or sumthin.. However, this one is now updated and I removed the new resource I created.

Last edited:
Level 1
I installed the latest Winpcap, .NET, and re-installed this tool several times, but it still becomes un-usable whenever I try to select my network. Is this a problem with my computer, or something? :sad:

Level 5
Actually I have no idea what is causing this problem.. It's most likely something related to SharpPcap/WinPcap which I have no control over really.. Try updating your NIC-drivers.

Level 4
This tool crashes after asking me to choose network adapter. Yes I have newest winpcap and .net framework ect.
Tried to start it before starting wc3 and after, always crashes same time. I have windows xp.
Or infact, I can click buttons ect. but when I select my network adapter I cant click anything and then only way shutting it down is ctrl alt delete.

Level 9
this tool doesnt work D: i used .7zip which should be the same thing, and i unzipped it, and ran the program...i clicked the help thing and it says select your adapter in the options tab and alls their is a lil thing thats says NIC, and i use vista

Level 5
Does Wc3Banlist work for you? Same issue here. Some people can run it on vista, some cannot. It's an issue related to WinPcap and not this program per se, thus I have no control over it.

Level 1
Trying to run this on Vista 64bit, and it isn't working. I texted Risc about it but he hasn't responded so far so maybe someone else can help. WinPcap is working and I can run banlist just fine, but whenever I try to start this it comes up with the error: "An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)."
It then lets me Continue or Quit. If I hit continue the browser starts up like normal but I cannot select a NIC and no games appear. Anyone have an idea?

Edit: From looking online it seems that this is just a problem with the program calling a 32bit driver on a 64bit machine. Since WinPcap supports 64bit is there any way I could get this for 64bit Risc?

Level 5
I wouldn't keep my hopes up that I will recompile this for x64 anytime soon and since I've abandoned the project I probably won't release any updates whatsoever in the future.
I have been thinking of making this open-source (by the GPL license) if there's a big enough request from the community?

Level 19
:( Doesnt work for me.
A lot of the time when I click on an NIC it just freezes up and when this doesnt happen, it just keeps Scanning.
Just so you know, I am running a pvpgn client (still technically uses B.net though)

Level 1
I got it to work using CorFlags to force it into 32bit, but it still crashes sometimes, weird text characters might be screwing it up, but I would still like the source if you are still thinking about that, there are some changes I would like to make(resizable window, multiple search entries, sound alert off by default, option to search both title and map name).

Last edited: