1. Are you planning to upload your awesome tool to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 9, 2018: The rules for the Tool Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Risc's Colorizer FINAL (Updated)

Submitted by Risc
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
UPDATE: I have received numerous emails regarding translation of this tool and I have decided to release an update to the final version (which is a little weird).

This version will create a file called 'Strings.txt' when you start NewGen in the NewGen folder. You can edit the text inside this file to match your language version of the world editor.

Original description:
This is a tool for editing colored tooltips and text but with a major difference:
As an addon to Grimoire/NewGen.

This is the final version. If someone wants to improve it, PM me and I'm willing to pass this on to anyone that seems skilled enough.

Installation:
You'll need Grimoire and the .NET Framework 2 to use this.
Just place all files in Grimoire's "bin" folder and add:
Code (Text):

loaddll("bin\\PELoader.dll")

to "we.conf.lua" and you're all set.

The colorizer shows whenever you edit a string-value. This only works for english versions of the world-editor since it's searching for those windows. As such, it may take half a second to show before you see it.

Keywords:
NewGen, Color, Colorizer, Tooltip, Risc, WE
Contents

Risc's Colorizer FINAL (Updated) (Binary)

Reviews
13:23, 5th Dec 2009 TriggerHappy: We do not need anymore color picking tools. We currently have far more than enough. unless yours provides something special that the others do not, feel free to PM me.
  1. 13:23, 5th Dec 2009
    TriggerHappy:

We do not need anymore color picking tools. We currently have far more than enough. unless yours provides something special that the others do not, feel free to PM me.

2. pkw

pkw

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very nice tool but...sad that its the final version.

3. Fraxxter

Fraxxter

Resources:
    Resources:
    sounds good :grin:

4. Insaniac69

Insaniac69

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm. Noob question, where can I find Grimoire?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  5. Risc

Risc

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    It's included in the JNGP.

6. Dark_Spyro_003

Dark_Spyro_003

Resources:
    Resources:
    Which language is it written in?
    VB, C#, or C++ with .NET ?

7. Risc

Risc

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    It's written in C#

8. Troll-Brain

Troll-Brain

Resources:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Could you make it useable with an other language ?
    Do you need help for this ?

Edit : Ofc, i talk about the warcraft language, like French, German and so one.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  9. Triax

Triax

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's really annoying that this does not work with a German WE. Could someone work on this?

10. gs5208702

gs5208702

Resources:
    Resources:
    Where the option to use this program???

11. Frizi

Frizi

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok. Its look pretty good, but "This only works for english versions of the world-editor"... i have polish translation of Warcraft 3, and this useful tool simple don't work... ehh... may you fix it or publish source code on any free license (like CC or GPL)?
    hmmm... Please :grin: (btw i known c++ basics, c# is smilar :wink:)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  12. Set-

Set-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Grimoire isnt in the JNPG..
    Where the hell do you find Grimoire

13. Risc

Risc

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Updated. Read first post.

14. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You desperately need to fix this, as currently it's annoying to the point of me and those I know automatically disabling the tool as soon as they download the new NewGen.

The problem is that the cursor starts inside the colourizor, so those of us who quickly hit enter, type in our changes, and hit enter again are thwarted by the writing not being produced from lack of a "Generate" click. Either leave the cursor in the original box or make it automatically generate (I don't even see the need for an extended box).