• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

WC3 Modeling for Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Blender is available on mac, but although there is supposedly a plugin to allow import/export for mdx files with it, I don't believe it was ever a fully functional plugin, and I never managed to get it to work. If you can get Darwine running, you can run the MDX-L converter through it, among other things, and from there, you can make some changes with either TextEdit for things like particles and the like, if you know how the file format works, and you can also use Warshape, which is Java based and therefore works on most operating systems, although I'm not sure how much you can do with it. Personally I just use bootcamp if I need to do any proper modeling.
If you're lucky you might be able to find a version of Darwine with working OpenGL support, which might let you use some of the Windows Model Editors, probably not Max though.

Hope I helped a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.