1. Are you planning to upload your awesome spell or system to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The poll for our 11th Music Contest is up! Help us choose the most awesome cinematic tracks by casting a vote!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Melee Mapping contest #3 - Poll is up! Vote for the best 4v4 melee maps!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice

Wc3 Model Viewer

Submitted by Aniki
This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Wc3 Model Viewer

During Wc3's development Blizzard had created a huge amount of content for the game but the map editor is very good at hiding it. This map tries to enable one to explore the models (.mdl, .mdx files) part of that content. Because of the many referenced models, the map doesn't load instantly in the game, to say the least.

PS: I tried to load it in WE after the object data was generated/injected but it seemed to take too long so I didn't bother.
Contents

Wc3 Model Viewer (Map)

1. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    JASS:
    Resources:

Notes:

• None

Issues:

I could hardly consider this being fitting for a spell or even a system since I do not see any relevant underlying code beneath it.
    The name is somewhat misleading, as from what I read, the title implies a model viewer-esque mechanic in revealing models, not unearthing hidden models.​

However, this resource could be placed either in the miscellaneous forum, or tutorial forum for modding purposes, which deems it
    inappropriate for this forum.​

2. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I don't agree with any of this. For one, it seemingly has options to shows all models, not just hidden ones. Furthermore, it's clearly a demo map or system. Why would it not be fitting here?

I also don't think it deserves 1 star. It's far more impressive than most things submitted in this section.

@Aniki The only thing I suggest is making the code visible from the trigger editor and not rely on people to edit the war3map.j, which is impractical for most cases. In it's current state the map cannot be opened in the World Editor either.

3. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I based my review on the Trigger Viewer and the immediate map in the World Editor. However, I may not be able to release a re-review if I cannot see the underlying code, thus the 1 star rating, which is the case in both the Trigger Viewer and regular World Editor.

EDIT:

I'll see if I can release the compiled war3map.j and reconstruct the vJASS code based from that.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018