• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Miscellanous / Other] WC3 Classic Fighting Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Ladies and gentelmen, welcome to Faestus'
[r]WC3 Classic Fighting Game

Short Introduction
Hello Hive Workshop! I return to the hive to bring you a major project to you! A 2D Classic Fighting Map!

For those willing to battle in a casual fighting game and just can't find one that can be played with friends without them having to buy it, look no further!
[tr]

Features
  • Experience the classic fighting game inside the WC3 engine
  • Different characters with unique move sets and strengths
  • Different arenas and environments to fight on
  • Classic fighting mechanics
  • A rock-paper-scrissors like blocking system
  • Possible support/Spellcaster characters to aid you in your battle
  • Classic special bar that fills by landing or blocking attacks successfully and enables your character to perform powerful moves and combos
[tr]

Progress
Progress is quite far ahead from what I can tell. The main physics engine and collision are done. The interface is missing entirely so the screenshots will appear later on, after the interface is complete, unless a lot of people want to see early beta screens.
[tr]

Feedback
I want to know as much as possible about you, what you think of a WC3 fighting map and what ideas and innovations you have for a fighting game!
If you have any ideas or mechanics you want to have implemented in a fighting game, feel free to suggest them.
[tr]

Last edited:
Level 21
You constantly say "fighting game" but it isn't really informative. WC3 is also a fighting game. So is SC2. So is DotA. Most games are.
So it would be useful to use a more descriptive term.

I don't have ideas about the actual map idea itself though.

Level 22
A screenshot would help our imagination dude, but I think it sounds good if it is indeed possible. Good luck!

Level 22
my imagination tells me, it's something like this
maxresdefault.jpg

Level 7
my imagination tells me, it's something like this
maxresdefault.jpg

Well yeah something like that.

I didn't assume people would be confused by the term 'Fighting game'... I mean most people think of Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter when they hear this term, not Warcraft, Starcraft, etc. Sorry for the confusion.

The reason I'm not posting screenies now is because the interface is a mess right now. It has most elements missing, some are plain ugly and some are just there to know me where things go. It's quite messed up and I don't think it should be present it this way.

EDIT: Also are there any mods that can change the title from [minigame] to [other]

Last edited:
Level 10
I also experimented before with a Fighting Game with Wc3 WE. It is possible, maybe you should use wow models as they got many animations. I made it like Tekken with fighting a 2d fighting arena. As I made it for Singleplayer purposes I configured an AI to fight against and made it that strong that I wasn´t even able to beat it by myself ^^. The character where able to use attack, spell, defend + the arrow keys. For example pushing to the left while your char looked to the right made him do a dodge move, it worked quite well and the fights against the AI were very exciting.

So if you need help or want to know how I made my Trigger (GUI) concept, you can write me. But I will only give advices as I work on my own project the whole time.

Level 7
I also experimented before with a Fighting Game with Wc3 WE. It is possible, maybe you should use wow models as they got many animations. I made it like Tekken with fighting a 2d fighting arena. As I made it for Singleplayer purposes I configured an AI to fight against and made it that strong that I wasn´t even able to beat it by myself ^^. The character where able to use attack, spell, defend + the arrow keys. For example pushing to the left while your char looked to the right made him do a dodge move, it worked quite well and the fights against the AI were very exciting.

So if you need help or want to know how I made my Trigger (GUI) concept, you can write me. But I will only give advices as I work on my own project the whole time.

Do you know anything on balancing a fighting game?

Status
Not open for further replies.