• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Way to stop spam bots without problem ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, here is the problem, a kid named Ps[y]cho is using spam bots on Europe Server, and he's trying to destroy nearly all the maze/slides clans, "just for fun".

And so my clan and i (plus some others clans) want to know if there is an easy way to stop those spam bots.

Note that we have already sent multiples supports tickets to blizzard, and they haven't answered.
And we are actually using /c priv to make the clan private, which stop the spam, but also removes the possibility of come on the channel if you're not from the clan (and so, many players can't join, and many host bots too)

So, if you know some solutions to this problem, say it here.

Level 3
Use auto-banners on stealthbots for unauthorized joins, basically ban anyone that is not safe listed automatically if he's flooding the channel

Level 3
This is illegal, but i've had one problem once with one shaman betraying us and giving operator status to a stealthbot that did spam kick everyone, eventually i DDoS'd the most suspicious person to do this, and it turned out it was him and the bot D/Ced. I'm not gonna tell you how to do it since it's illegal in first place, So i can just recommend to get more stealthbots to autoban, restrict the channel, or report to blizzard.

So i can just recommend to get more stealthbots to autoban, restrict the channel, or report to blizzard.

Stealthbots --> Don't resolves the problem. The spammer can still recreate a new list of names for his spams bots.
Restrict the channel --> Kill the clan.
Report to Blizzard --> Maybe 5years before, now, it's useless and we have already tried. Blizzard doesn't answer us.

Level 3
Stealthbots --> Don't resolves the problem. The spammer can still recreate a new list of names for his spams bots.
Restrict the channel --> Kill the clan.
Report to Blizzard --> Maybe 5years before, now, it's useless and we have already tried. Blizzard doesn't answer us.
Use stealthbot and autoban everyone that isn't in the safelist. names doesn't matter

Status
Not open for further replies.