• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Waterfall Tunnels v2.0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: I_am_Death
Twilight's
Waterfall Tunnels

Description

A tunel overflown with watter, now two Islands found the tunnels and now the are in a greate battle.

Map Info

Map hase:
-11 Goldmines
-4 Waygates
-2 Taverns

Screenshots

221980-albums6555-picture73887.jpg

221980-albums6555-picture73888.jpg

221980-albums6555-picture73889.jpg

Changelog
v1.0
-Relesed
v2.0
-Removed Player 5

Special thanks to:

-You for downloading. Hope you like my map, comment or report if there is any bug during playing, Have fun.

Keywords:
Melee
Contents

Waterfall Tunnels v2.0 (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet01:07, 12th Oct 2013700 Waterfall Tunnel (Last Updated - 23:27, 11th Sep 2013) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D...

M

1b5e5a7776e87f86f9c6951fa3dad711_64508.gif
Orcnet01:07, 12th Oct 2013

194715-albums6441-picture75028.png

Waterfall Tunnel (Last Updated - 23:27, 11th Sep 2013)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"As much of how I observed the game's current background, I must say it is lacking ground survival and resource gathering. While the map can be acquainted as FFA, the obvious majority for the game would be team-based, for the record creep difficulty is too much to bare for early hunting spots due to only 4 near green camps per each player regions, the rest would require intermediate level of force and enough gear to scrape out the goldmines and nearby creeps. And that is wrong for the map is very small and only fit for 4 players, the map also lacks neutral buildings. Where can a player get neutral consumable items? quick hiring of units? or any else?. "

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Terrain was made by a region-like output, its a cool idea except on how it was implemented, while the marshy/wet jungle like theme is going on, I am expecting it should be full of vegetation, giving by a degree of fog, critters, and natural environments. The idea of a "waygate(water) tunnel" should be imaged as a cave like area which sprouts waterfalls like a sewer perhaps, and that gives more quality."

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Overall I can't say this is going to work out, but much of my revision do please read and follow them."

Total Score: (Gameplay[x/5] + Terrain[x/5] + Management[x/5] / Total Score[15] * 50 + 50)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/1560%F

Level 6
i played with my friend and a funny thing happen
i travel to my friend's island, when i go near to his base suddenly he block the waygate lol
and all of my army die :D
btw i like this
4/5 and +rep

Level 30
Waterfall Tunner 2.0 Review

Map Info
Waterfall Tunnel is a 4 player melee map created by Twilight. The map is attractive in form but it quite doesnt describe or exactly represents the name you have given the map and actually it is the exact opposite.
Review
Idea/Concept:
The idea of the melee is quite basic nowadays but this one looks good in form. It is like a map divided into 3 mini-maps that are also symmetric in form which is good to know though the name formulated to this map looks the exact opposite of how the map represents itself to the audience. The map's title consists of the word "tunnel" yet if its a tunnel,the atmosphere must be dark and tiles should not be quite grassy tiles but more on rock-ish tiles but I do know of caves with grasses but Trees just looks unacceptable. Still this deserves a decent rating of 3/5.

Terrain:
The melee map's terrain looks good though it is quite flat and could use some more raising at ground areas and a little bit at the water points. Also could use some more different variations of tile usages at water points and not all grass tiles. Overall, No problem at this part... not at all so it won't be bad giving this a rating of 4/5 still. Flatness and such is just a very minor thing and wont affect much.

Gameplay:
The melee map looks good and to repeat, it is symmetric, also creeps were balanced enough and buildings were positioned well. Though one of my concern is the southern part of the map. 3 buildings there are all Gold Mine. For me it could use some more variations. The middle there could be a fountain so between clashes there are healing points where players can go. The creeps has item drops which is the most important part of a melee to make it complete and worth creeping. I would give this part a rating of 4/5.
Comments
Overall, this melee map looks good in form of Gameplay and how its terrain or environment is presented though the name doesnt look that much exact on how the map represents itself. Its not much of a tunnel-like so suggestions is change the name or improve the terrain by making it quite more of a tunnel-like. To sum up the ratings in each category, you got 11/15 or 4/5. I vote for approval here even with the problems for they are just minor things and take this +4 REP as a token or a reward.

The map concept is very nice bro , You make it divide to another team . But I have little suggestions because I saw few problems regarding in your map .

COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS

- The base area of all teams are too small, This is not good enough . I know that the workers of humans, orcs and undead can cut trees . But how about the Nightelves ? I know that the ancient could cut them by eating trees . But, the player can spent more time to make their base area larger . Try to look blizzard melee maps or other melee maps in Hive, The starting base area has larger than you . You should fix them (but its up to you if you don't want)
- Why you don't put the waygate to another place .Because you place it in wrong place . The other team could travel first in the destination . How about the other team that the base are far to the waygate ? . I suggest that you may put it on both side of the base to avoid imbalance . Put 1 gate near to player 1, player 2, and so on .
- You may change the tavern position , I suggest to you that you need to put it on middle and remove the creep that you place in that area .
- In decoration , I don't see any problems in the top , But in the bottom I saw little problem .
You placed cattail bad . Cattail must place beside rivers and don't spam it . You may add some forest stuffs .
The tile set of the bottom parts are not good . Try to mix it very well .

Anyway nice map bro . Keep practicing in making melee maps .
You should look on the other melee map and try to review it to learn other techniques .

Rating : 3/5