• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

waterfall help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi O'm starting on my first terrain which is an island that is going to have an oasis in the center of it. I was planning on puting a mountain by the oasis and then haveing a waterfall flowing in to it. But I started the map at cliff lvl 2 and shallow water so wenever I try and make the source for the waterfall in makes a deep hole down to the water. Does anyone know how to make it so the water is just on the mountain as a river or a little lake?

ThX
Hawk

Level 8
Make certain that the enforce water is off. I can't recall the exact name.

Then try to use the cliff up and then the water - mind sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't

If it does not work, then you need to customize a water fall, extending its min and max scale as far as possible. Plop one in the map, select it and hit enter then reduce the z as low as possible and extend the y and x as far as you can.

At the top of your mountain make a depression with the lower (not cliff) tool. Making it smaller than the length and width of your water fall. move your water fall to lay over the depression and then hold down ctrl and using the page down key to lower the water fall until it is filling up the depression - it will look like water.

Level 25
Here's how to make a waterfall. I won't go too much into details, but here's how to do it. It's fairly simple too:

Step One:
Make a Deep Water cliff. Make it take up most of the map. For realisim, this may not be the best idea, but it's just a simple example.

Step Two:
Make a Steep Cliff (two levels up) that takes up alot of room in the middle of the water.

Step Three:
Now make a size three circle of Deep Water where you want the waterfall to be. This should make the Steep Cliff and the Deep water under it combine them both, making a waterfall. The waterfall won't look great, but to complete it, go in Doodads/Water/Waterfall and place waterfall doodads where the new waterfall is.
~Craka_J

Level 34
I think Oziris meant that when you make the terrain all water then raise it, you can't make high water then lower water to make waterfalls, you have to use doodads.

Level 25
lol
<3's Oziris's random comment that had no purpose. ;)
I had posted two ways you can make a waterfall. One way was my little mini-tutorial, and the other was the two links that lead to how to make a waterfall/river more efficiently. No need to re-explain how to make a waterfall right after my post lol
~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.