• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Winter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
I felt like making another winter landscape... they are fun!

Here is a mountain forest with a river going down to a big waterfall that goes into a lake. Enjoy :)

I like my rapids lol. poor wabbit

Attachments

• winterserenity.jpg
    winterserenity.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 274
Level 6
looks nice and clean - like winter.

maybne you should 'buff up' the rocks at the sides of the arc a bit. it looks really nice but seeing makes me think "where the fuck did that arc come from?"; putting more rocks at its sides would make it look more like a hollowed-out mass than some protuberant anomaly.

Level 34
I don't like how quickly you lose site of the terrain. Even if it's realistic, it doesn't look as nice.

Level 6
I like it :)
Only thing that bugged me was the fog. When it's cold, the air is usually crystal clear.
Except for that, great work!

Level 36
Appearantly none of you guys who have commented the sky have EVER been to Norway or any other land like it. On a foggy day in the cold mountians it will most likely look EXACTLY like this, only thing would be that you MIGHT see some shadows form objects not far from where the fog starts to show of.

Anyways, I love it, reminds me of winter up in Sirdalen, some place in Norway :p

Level 36
I like it :)
Only thing that bugged me was the fog. When it's cold, the air is usually crystal clear.
Except for that, great work!

Well if you look closely it's snowing lightly. And yes, Keiji, it's based off norway. I love the mountains there, I've never actually been there but I've seen many pictures. It's also like that in vermont and maine sometimes too.

I'm sad nobody commented on my rapids :(

Level 36
Well then it's just a foggy day. All I know is that it does happen and look like this. Especially after a big snowstorm, when I go skiing I always see weather like this. This is the kind of weather where you get a few snowflakes but those nice and really thick ones, and not a lot of wind. The quiet, tranquil snow that makes you want to go outside in your winter clothes and just lie there in the snow forever.

Level 10
Appearantly none of you guys who have commented the sky have EVER been to Norway or any other land like it. On a foggy day in the cold mountians it will most likely look EXACTLY like this, only thing would be that you MIGHT see some shadows form objects not far from where the fog starts to show of.

Anyways, I love it, reminds me of winter up in Sirdalen, some place in Norway :p
Lol many of us don't get to travel much. The sky dosen't overlap, and its depth looks weak to me, thats all.

Level 4
I felt like making another winter landscape... they are fun!

Here is a mountain forest with a river going down to a big waterfall that goes into a lake. Enjoy :)

I like my rapids lol. poor wabbit

I can imagine this terrain when you're looking at through the World Editor, but the angle you used for this picture completely threw off my firsrt perspective of it.

I could barely see the lake, and a for a few minutes I was wondering "Where the hell is this waterfall?"

But then I found it near the very bottom. I suggest using a different camera angle, or making several pictures and making a scrapbook of angles of this same terrain, maybe show a more emphasized view of this lake you speak of.

Overall, it's quite nice though. Good work, as usual.

Level 18
true.

this is very good. Void is win.

strange thing though... the foreground seems kinda far below, makes me feel like im kinda too high in the air.
Its the way we loose sight oif the background.. so in a way, vyou have no foreground, or background.

but it looks very realistic. so VGJ!

Status
Not open for further replies.