1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Seek unity between the elements in the 22nd Terraining Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Seize the moment! The 18th Mini Mapping Contest has commenced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Watchmen

Submitted by Mr Ogre man
This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Little is told about the nightwatchmen of the cities of Stormwind. While the city has elite soldiers and veterans who march in triumph during the day, at night, the city becomes guarded by young recruits and lowly sentinels who barely have money for decent armor, as nobody else would want to patrol when the sun has set.
Apart from their recurring trips to the Goldshire inn, or the occasional gnoll that wanders too close to the city gates, the life of the nightwatchmen is rather dull and predictable. And, when it stops being predictable and dull, it's often when they are way too unprepared for their job.

The standard model comes with several (cinematic) animations, uses no custom textures, has innate light emmision (it used to be animated at the tip of the torch, but the results were rather awful. I prefered to have it ). You may change the model as you please (to change the names of animations and even remove some if you want to reduce its total filesize).

Defend animations were made for alerted guards.

Bugs/edits/comments:
It suffers from the HD blood spout bug. Many models that have had their .mdl edited have it, I'm still unsure on how to fix it (it is by no means gamecrashing).

Updates: Changed the size of the torch
Previews
Contents

BTNwatchmen.blp (Texture)

DISBTNwatchmen.blp (Texture)

Watchmen (Model)

Watchmen (torch further from his face) (Model)

1. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    good for Militia Commander, I'll just put it on a Pack Horse

2. Wlarius

Wlarius

Resources:
    Resources:
    I know tweaking animations is tough, but his right hand (the one with the torch) should be moved further away from the body, so it isn't in front of his face.

3. Mr Ogre man

Mr Ogre man

Resources:
    Resources:
    All of his animations had been tweaked, to be fair (the shield bones did random stuff, as they don't have the hand as their parent). I've added another model that has the torch a bit further away, but I haven't changed the cinematics on that one.

Attached Files:

4. Archaos

Archaos

Resources:
    Resources:
    nice stuff, very interesting models, perhaps someone knows here, wanting to make his normal movement as the cinematic walk, would i need to trigger it or would the editor required animation names work? :eek: would save some messing around if someone knew off hand lol

5. Mr Ogre man

Mr Ogre man

Resources:
    Resources:
    I actually made him have a walk fast and walk animation, but then the walk defend was incredibly buggy and had to revert the changes. I know that you are able to do it through triggers, but I don't know how to make them use the cinematic walk in the object editor.
    :ogre_frown:

Anyone knows?

6. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    Wait a minute, how did you get a footman model with the original BETA shield? :O

7. Mr Ogre man

Mr Ogre man

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dunno, I guess it's because I'm using the Quenching mod as well.

8. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think Retera has it given he has beta builds of Jenalla, Tyrande, Furion, Furion no Stag, Sylvanas, etc.

9. rcshaggy

rcshaggy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Would be nice to have other Guards well defending the town etc, and the Footman can help, and Captain can be the elite...