• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

WASD Movement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I've opened a lot of WASD movement maps, all of them made it in a different way.However im still clueless about how to do it.Can anyone explain the simplest way to do it?(GUI)

Level 1

I've opened a lot of WASD movement maps, all of them made it in a different way.However im still clueless about how to do it.Can anyone explain the simplest way to do it?(GUI)

I knew about those already, they didnt help much.The 3rd person helped me with camera issues, but it isnt true WASD movement, since you are only using W and using mouse to turn sideways.Thanks for replying though.

I knew about those already, they didnt help much.The 3rd person helped me with camera issues, but it isnt true WASD movement, since you are only using W and using mouse to turn sideways.Thanks for replying though.

Then what system do you want?
Those systems you knew about does what you want it to do

W - Move up
S - Move down
A - Move left
D - Move right

Although what I think you are after is the WoW-type control amirait?

Mouse: Move around screen
W - Move up
S - Move down
A - Strafe left
D - Strafe right

In that case; There isn't anyone in the whole world that knows how to do that yet (That ain't working for blizzard)
Wich means you have to either wait couple of days/weeks or make one yourself, Its a hell of a job

Level 1
I understood the 3ps + w(forward) movement.However i did not understand how to do "pure" WASD(no mouse involved).That is what i meant.
I haven't thought of the wow kind of camera/movement system, seems nice, i hope someone breaks it down for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.